Have you suffered from Hubpages' 100 Hubs in 30 days Challenge?

1. Wilma Proops profile image61
    Wilma Proopsposted 8 years ago

Have you suffered from Hubpages' 100 Hubs in 30 days Challenge?

I know a Hubber, once a prodigy, who took the Hub Challenge and published 100 Hubs in 30 days.  She didn't want to publish tripe (like many taking the challenge did) so published 100 of Shakespeare's Sonnets with some original notes about appreciating Shakespeare.  She is now rated as a Spammer by Hubpages.

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

100 Hubs on Shakespeare just to have 100 Hubs is wack.

100 Hubs in a month is impossible for real people to do by themselves, if the Hubs are to be even marginally good -- that is, if they are to be somewhat informative and/or entertaining -- and to be Google AdSense magnets.

Unless you are writing just for ego-boo, you have to research and target keywords to get traffic and clicks.  If you are writing to make some money, finding a money idea and figuring out what to write about it takes much more time than just transcribing a memory dump about whatever occurs to you at the moment.

Those few that I know of that got 100 real Hubs in a month, not just stream of consciousness mind vomit -- they did the keyword research, then HIRED OUT most of the writing, specifying to the writers hired the subject, the number of words, keywords to include, etc.  Then they did a little final editing and posted them.

3. Wilma Proops profile image61
    Wilma Proopsposted 8 years ago

dabeaner you didn't answer the question nor address its implicit criticism of hubpages.  Hubpages set the challenge so what more can they expect than "vomit".  The 100 hubs in a month positively encouraged the shite it received.  Publishing Shakespeare sonnets was (I thought) an excellent way of not publishing the crap the challenge wanted - a loophole.

I take issue with people who see a question and then decide to ignore it to bang their drum - that's also vomit

working