revenue sharing of adsense within forum

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (22 posts)
  1. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 15 years ago

Hi

Is there any plans for revenue sharing Adsense for within the forums, If not may i suggest this feature as it would be beneficial to us all.

1. lisafwg01 profile image60
      lisafwg01posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You mean putting adsense ads within our posts? I think that would be a horrible idea! Thankfully, I don't think they could anyway.

1. getpaidtopost profile image40
        getpaidtopostposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes it can be done I have done myself on one of my forum sites, and also it would not look to bad there is plenty of room down the sides.

2. packerpack profile image59
      packerpackposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Should have posted it here if you want to suggest anything or point out any problem, Report a Problem or Suggest a New Feature

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

They definitely can. But even being as greedy as I am, I would prefer forums to stay ad free smile

Misha, I think it would be asking for trouble..and a lot of disabled accounts!

3. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Lisa you lost me. Why disabled accounts?

Misha, I thought they meant putting the ads directly into our posts...how else would having adsense in the forum benefit any of us?

That's why I mentioned disabled accounts since some threads tend to wander into TOSable waters

4. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL I think OP meant a centralized placement with revenue sharing, like it is is done on other places on this site. Still not too happy with the idea though smile

5. getpaidtopost profile image40
    getpaidtopostposted 15 years ago

the reason i ask this is that the forums rank high within the search engines results. We should be using the content within the forums just as we do within our hubs and enable us to generate more of an income I think we will get more money from the forums than the hubs themselves.
    O my god can not spell no more I am going to bed its now 6.09am UK and the birds are tweeting dam

good night/day everyone

6. freelanceworld profile image59
    freelanceworldposted 15 years ago

Ads can be put here with some tweaking...why not

Dont think that will hamper readability or something when it cant to Hubs.
    of course here to we are discussing topics...but only in an non -montonous , non-hub form.

I strongly feel... the management should think about it..
    A blended,,,, small rectangle or leader banner on top or bottom, if not inside posts (that will be uneasy)  will be a good idea

Cheers smile

7. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Guess you guys must have gone a little ad blind. There are already ads on some forum pages. wink  Personally - I would not want to see ads on the actual discussions.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Sorry, we have enough meaningless posts as it is. Imagine if people could earn money from their posts...

1. mythbuster profile image74
      mythbusterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Truly frightening, the idea of earning from posts! If people are learning how to write better hubs, are participating in site activities, does there really have to be another way to earn, another place to put ads on this site?

9. Kudlit profile image62
    Kudlitposted 15 years ago

NO to ads in the forums.

10. Anamika S profile image64
    Anamika Sposted 15 years ago

That's Crazy!

11. SEM Pro profile image82
    SEM Proposted 15 years ago

I totally agree to no ads on the forums or individual posts. Can you imagine how many would be posting - whatever - thinking that will rack up the bucks? The forums would be abandoned in short order I'm sure.

Or a whole lot of newbies would be posting rather than writing before they figured out they didn't really know what they were doing yet as they attempted to cram in words for Google recognition. Or they'd get frustrated wondering why they hadn't received a whopping check the second month - then, bye bye to them too.

No matter how you slice this proposal, it sounds like a huge vacuum to suck out community 'connectivity'.

12. abhitgo profile image60
    abhitgoposted 15 years ago

no... ads in posts would be messy... very very messy

13. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

The question is - do you want to earn less from Adsense?

Ads in the forums would actually be VERY detrimental - the more impressions that you have with no clicks lowers your click through rate. VERY FEW hubbers would click on ads in the forums, thus increasing your impressions, but lowering your CTR.

I wouldn't want an extra 500 or so impressions a day with no clicks...that'd really lower my CTR and my hubs would be smart priced - no thanks!

I am a member of several adsense sharing forums and I choose not to participate for this reason.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It be helpful if you expanded on this a bit. What is smart pricing? What level of CTR attracts smart pricing etc.

I had what I thought was a high CTR up until month ago which has now declined by two thirds. In the same period my income has dropped despite doubling my visitor numbers.

Also if we are getting more ads per page now won't that affect CTRs?

14. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 15 years ago

I've heard that smart pricing usually occurs below a 2% CTR. It allows ad purchasers to save money by targeting lower traffic websites.

This is a good article on it (more info then you could ever want!)

http://makemoneywithadsense.today.com/2 … t-pricing/

Smart Pricing is why I'm not a huge fan (like some are) of social traffic.

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thx I will check it out. I still wonder about the extra ads hubpages are using. I googled 'smart pricing' and someone on digital forums reckoned the quickest way to get out of smart pricing was to reduce the number of ads on a page ie the ones least likely to be clicked.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)