Why did I fly to No. 1 in Yahoo and then suddenly disappear after 24 hours or so

1. Jimmy Boyd profile image73
    Jimmy Boydposted 8 years ago

Why did I fly to No. 1 in Yahoo and then suddenly disappear after 24 hours or so? Is this normal?

I am obviously happy that my article shot to No. 1 in Yahoo, but then it suddenly disappeared after 24 to 36 hours. I'm not even on the first few pages anymore. It's like my article page just disappeared. Any tips on how to keep it there?

2. Designsmith profile image60
    Designsmithposted 8 years ago

hi jimmy.
    the easy answer is "fresh content" the search engines all love fresh content. so when you publish your article or site or hub page will be given more credit than it is really worth.
    that is great normally it is 48 hours.
    the next part of your question is a little harder. that is how to keep it up there.
    you must get back links in to that hubpage/article. look up all the backlinks hubs and articles that you can and learn.
    i have put a "google alert" on the key phrases that relate to my topics and then i go to the blogs that show up in those alerts and i post comments on those blogs (with my link - site address) to get back links.
    as your links grow so will your position in the search results.

hope this helps.
    rob

working