Advertisements Dont match my Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Do I email Google ?
    Will they change , I mean they are way off the Hub Content .
    My Hub is about soup and the adverts. are for Hot Dating Sites?

2. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

I had that problem too. It seemed to take a day or two before the ads matched to the content. The one I remember was a dog story I wrote and the ads were for high-heel shoes.... smile

3. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Most ads that Hubpages adsense code will not match your content. I noticed Hubpages code works differently, because a majority of the site is India, the ads that show target people in India. I had an ad that was nothing but black background and white text saying "ARAB SINGLES". Adsense when your code is on the page will result reverent ads between 10 mins and 3 days most likely.

~thranax~

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Thankyou both , I didnt know that smile

5. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Hey EK,

Adsense ads are often generic to start off with and then kind of settle in to whatever your topic is, this usually only takes half an hour or so though for me.

Also if nobody is advertising within your topic area again your hub will either get the closest ads or generic ads (Asian dating and high heel shoe ads seem to be common here at HP).

The only real thing you can do that I can think of to manipulate the ads that appear on your hubs is to either take a look at your keywords and make sure that you are using them enough within your hub to let Adsense know that it should be displaying ads about that topic, or play around with the competitive ad filter.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Most-Important- … -ad-filter

* Reading that hub might help or hinder you, no promises.

p.s. sorry for not getting back to you about the URL trackers, but I have come to the conclusion that I'm rubbish at them, if you're still struggling with it, you're probably better off seeking advice from one of the HP big dogs.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Hi back at ya Mr V,
    Thing is,I just finished doing some awesome ( if I dont say so myself) tweeking on keywords ,title etc and traffic increased too two, red triangles!!! amazing , thought it was a glitch lol.
    No embitca helped me out heaps there,lovely person. I will have to treat her to an ice-cream when I make more than $1 ,lol.

Thank you for info re timeframe , as usual I worried prematurely ,but have jotted that site down all the same.
    No problem re 'sign up' thingy , its all good and you did teach me how to do the tracking part (copy n paste) which I definately did not know.God help anyone in Facebook who clicks on the original url I pasted 2 months ago ( Perhaps they were sent to India!) lol
    Thanks again

7. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

lol, well there are worse places than India to end up I guess, glad you got it working.

Two red triangles, blimey, well done you, been a long time since I've seen that, better go do some tweaking myself! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)