I have written 3 hubs in the past week and none of them hit the "latest" screen.

1. Lady Painter profile image60
    Lady Painterposted 8 years ago

I have written 3 hubs in the past week and none of them hit the "latest" screen.

What am I doing wrong? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

2. Chuck profile image90
    Chuckposted 8 years ago

I am guessing here, but I think that you are either referring to the HubPage homepage that comes up when you type in hubpages.com to go to the screen where you sign in or to the Hubitivity section of your homepage on HubPages.

In the case of the Hubitivity column, given the volume HubPages being published any new Hub published would get quickly pushed down by new Hubs, comments, etc.  So your Hubs probably appeared there but you missed them on the first page and didn't think to scroll through the multiple pages of Hubitivity until you found them.

If you are referring to the Hubs that appear on the first page where you sign into HubPages, I believe that this includes Hubs that are currently popular so, appearing on this page is basically a matter of chance.

For myself, I often click on and read Hubs on the Home/signin page if they appear interesting but don't spend time looking for my Hubs there (but I am flattered when I happen to see one of mine there).

Instead the three metrics that I find most important are first the daily and monthly Google AdSense revenue that each Hub generates and which I find on my Google Adsense report page which i check almost daily.  The other two metrics are my HubRank (which appears next to my photo) which I glance at but don't get too concerned about unless it begins to fall below 95.

The other one is the the individual HubScore for individual Hubs.  I like to see new Hubs moving into the 80s or 90s the first week.  I also check my Hub Statistics to see both scores for all of my Hubs along with their traffic numbers.  I like to see a good percentage in the 80s and 90s and don't get concerned unless the majority begin to fall into the 70s and lower.

High numbers on all of these means I am basically doing good and don't have to stress over them.  Falling or low numbers would be interpreted as a warning that something is wrong with the quality of my work and that I have to take action to reverse the trend.

I hope this has been of help to you.