jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The category "requests"

1. Aya Katz profile image87
    Aya Katzposted 8 years ago

I've been less active on Hubpages in the past month, and I just now noticed that the category "resquests' has disappeared and seems to have been supplanted by another category called "answers". How did this come about, and is there more to it than just a name change?

2. Ivorwen profile image78
    Ivorwenposted 8 years ago

I have been wondering about this too.

Also, how do we access the Unanswered Idea Bank?

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Aya, where you see "answers" you will see that in smaller letters there is "view questions", which you can click on.  That's instead of the old requests.  You can select whether you want to just add a shorter answer or write a Hub.

Ivorwen, If you click on "view questions" you'll get to the page where the ideabank is over to your right-hand side.

4. Ivorwen profile image78
    Ivorwenposted 8 years ago

Thank you Lisa.

5. Aya Katz profile image87
    Aya Katzposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, Lisa. I'm still wondering if it is just a change in nomenclature, or whether the idea behind "requests" has changed. If the category is requests, then it seems acceptable to write requests in an imperative form, as in: "Write a hub about Ghengis Khan." But if the category is questions (or answers to questions), do you have to have it phrased more specifically, such as: "What were the most important contributions to world history by Ghengis Khan?"

working