jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How is it that I can see unmoderated/unapproved comments on my hubs is I am not

1. Peter Dickinson profile image69
    Peter Dickinsonposted 8 years ago

How is it that I can see unmoderated/unapproved comments on my hubs is I am not signed in?

I am aware that others can see my unapproved/unmoderated comments too because I sometimes have emails about them before I have seen them myself.

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 8 years ago

i do not think it is possible, others cannot see your private data, unless they have your login information. For you it may be a cookie problem,try clearing your browser cache

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

I think its a setting, some hubs do not show comments until approved and others will show until they are deleted. I am not sure where you change that preference tho sad

4. Peter Dickinson profile image69
    Peter Dickinsonposted 8 years ago

Thank You khmohsin but clearing the browser cache has made no difference. I went on to one of my hubs both as signed in and as not signed in and can clearly see an unmoderated/approved comment.
    I know that when I comment on other hubs my comments disappear till they get approval (and some, I note do not get approved).
    So the problem remains. I have unmoderated comments that everyone can see. I have not given login information to anyone but anyone in the world can view these unmoderated comments.

kirstenblog - I thought it may be a setting but I have been unable to find it anywhere.

5. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 8 years ago

You can change the setting putting your hub in edit format. Scroll down to the comment box and hit edit. You can change the settings there, that will make it so you have to approve comments before they are seen.

working