jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Is it usual for Adsense to deem some clicks invalid?

1. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 8 years ago

Howdy!

I received a few days ago a mail of google telling me I had some invalid clicks. It was my first mail of the sort.

Has any of you guys passed through similar situations? Is this some kind of "warning" mail, or are they already gonna remove some of the presumed misclicks when I reach the next payment threshold?

Also, is it usual for this to happen?

Thanks for the antecipated feedback smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image61
      Mrvoodooposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The odd invalid click or two tends to be removed from the system automatically, and the amount removed from your balance.

If this is a genuine e-mail from Google then it sounds like you're pretty lucky and have been given some kind of warning, because (and this is only what I've read on the Adsense forums etc) the first email most people get regarding invalid clicks, is the one in which they tell you your Adsense account has been closed.

1. beautyrose profile image58
        beautyroseposted 8 years agoin reply to this
    2. beautyrose profile image58

It happened to my friend already. what she did is she stop hubbing cause whats the use if you will not be earning when your account has been closed.

3. beautyrose profile image58

Look anime its so sad you already at 97 author score and posted some hubs only to be receiving mail from goggle you have invalid clicks and after that they will close your accounts. As if all your effort will just be wasted. sorry.

2. anime_nanet profile image61

Thanks!

It was indeed just a warning mail. Maybe it's the first time that misclicks occur.

Nanet

3. nicomp profile image71
    nicompposted 8 years ago

Take a reeeel close look at the email and make sure it's not spam. Are they asking for private information or directing you to a web site to do something?

Be extremely careful.

4. Blogercise profile image60
    Blogerciseposted 8 years ago

Yes, unfortunately Google have been known to cut people off very quickly with very little right of appeal.  I always stick to the rules very closely.  Once you get more established you don't have to worry so much.  They generally side with the advertisers (who pay the money!) in the event of a complaint so it is always prudent to avoid annoying anyone.

5. 2patricias profile image61
    2patriciasposted 8 years ago

We've never received an email from Google, except on our AdWords account telling us our prepaid cash is running low.
    So, if we got anything else that appeared to be from Google, we would be extremely suspicious.
    A few months ago we got a letter in the mail (the traditional kind of mail) about our domaine registration.   It looked genuine, but research showed it to be a scam!
    There are  a lot of villans out there, so be careful.

6. anime_nanet profile image61

Well it looked a legit mail from google. It was written in portuguese, my native language and the one my adsense account is written. It did have 2 links atached but it was to 2 help pages of adsense where it explained basicaly the rules of clicks and miscklics.

It never asked for any personal info, so I really presume it was a legit mail.

Strange that no one else received it, though!

7. anime_nanet profile image61

BeautyRose

I didn't received no mail saying they were closing my adsense account.

Anyway,even if they did I would not stop hubbing. It's fun writing the articles.

working