jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi, I tried signing up with ebay as an affiliate but I received the following e-

1. Grant's World profile image84
    Grant's Worldposted 8 years ago

Hi,
    I tried signing up with ebay as an affiliate but I received the following e-mail

I tried signing up with ebay as an affiliate but I received the following e-mail from them saying I can't put their adds on my hubpages because it's not my website. I e-mailed them back and tried to explain better as to how it works here but they sent the same e-mail back.
    Dear Grant, Thank you for writing back to us regarding your interest in eBay PartnerNetwork. Please review the eBay Code of Conduct for more information. You can only place links on the sites that you own. I recommend that you get your own site.

can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks,
    Grant.

2. bigmikeh profile image79
    bigmikehposted 8 years ago

Grant, there've been problems for hubbers trying to sign up for eBay since eBay changed their rules last September. If you search the forums you will find lots of discussion. Essentially the only way in seems to be to start your own site, use it to get accepted for eBay, and then use that account with Hubpages.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

This appears in the FAQ

How do I get an eBay affiliate ID?

eBay has changed the terms of their affiliate program, and is not currently approving applications of people that do not operate a site on their own domain. If you have an approved ePN account you can use it on HubPages. If you do not have an ePN account, you are very unlikely to be approved by applying using your presence on HubPages. If you have a site on a domain that you own, we'd suggest applying using that site.

4. Grant's World profile image84
    Grant's Worldposted 8 years ago

Thanks very much bigmikeh I am going to see about one of those free websites and see if that works with ebay.
    Thanks for the answer uninvited writer, I appreciate it. I will take yours and bigmikeh's advice and get myself a free website and see if that works.

Closed to reply

working