jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

What does it mean when a comment on my hub is marked spam?

1. lakeerieartists profile image78
    lakeerieartistsposted 8 years ago

I have a comment on my hub that didn't show up on my "comments on" and if you look on the hub has a choice not spam or delete forever.  What does that mean?  Commenter is a hubpages member.

2. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure why it does that. I've had the same thing happen to me. I just clicked 'not spam' and all was fine.  I have gotten actual spam comments as well and clicked 'delete' and it went away.

Perhaps HP noticed that hubber making several comments in a a short time frame and marked it as spam??  That's my best guess

1. onthewriteside profile image59
      onthewritesideposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Interesting question...I would have to agree with Janetta in that the person was probably going around commenting on tons of hubs to see if he/she could generate some traffic to his/her own hubs.  I guess they do the same thing by joining fan clubs too if I'm not mistaken?

3. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

That's pretty much it. If a hubber is marked as a spammer, they have been abusing their commenting and other hubbers have marked them as a spammer. I think once you get enough flags on your account, the algorithm takes care of the rest.

I just marked someone as a spammer today. He has exactly one hub about making money and then made about 30 comments on different high ranking money making hubs in the space of a few minutes. Delete, Mark as Spam, Say Goodbye!

4. lakeerieartists profile image78
    lakeerieartistsposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info.  I am still new on this site, and wasn't really sure what to do with the comment.  smile

working