Do you always leave a comment if you read a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (104 posts)
  1. annart profile image82
    annartposted 9 years ago

Do you always leave a comment if you read a hub?

I have followers whom I've never seen in the comments sections and just wondered what other hubbers think about the comments in general.  Do you leave comments when you read?  Sometimes? Always? Never?  Please give your reasons with your answers.

2. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 9 years ago

Hi Ann!  I would say 99% of the time I will leave a comment, and the reason is because I want them to know I've been there and I care about their writing.  I think comments are vital for a writer.  It gives us encouragement and let's us know that we aren't writing in a vacuum.

Quite frankly, I don't know why someone would belong to a writing community and not leave comments. Seems a little silly to me, but what do I know? smile

Have a great weekend!

annartposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree, bill! Thanks for answering. You have a great weekend too.

3. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 9 years ago

Not always. However I do tend to leave them if I found the hub to be either exceptional or if something was stated I completely disagreed with. In that case I might leave a different point of view to consider.
    I have never written a negative critique regarding one's writing style or launched personal attacks but I have seen others do so in hub comments as well as Q&A. If it's that bad move on.
    Generally speaking I have to feel strongly one way or the other. Oftentimes in addition to leaving a comment I will vote the hub (up), (useful), (awesome), or (interesting). I never vote hubs (down).

I can understand that approach; depends on the amount of time one has too I suppose.  I agree regarding the negative and the votes.  Thanks for your input; much appreciated.

4. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 9 years ago

If I invest the time to read someone's article, I am going to let them know it. I think reading an article and leaving a comment is a compliment and there are far too few of those these days.
    I also vote and almost always vote up. Hey if someone went to all that trouble to write then they deserve my kudos.
    I know if I am going to like an article in the first paragraph. If I am not going to like it I do not read it. But I do go and look at any article written by anyone I follow.(yes there are some first paragraph flops I read all the way through simply because I like the author, and then I just give them a big howdy in the comments to encourage.

Great answer.  I guess I'm about the same in the way I read and comment. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

5. profile image0
    ArtDivaposted 9 years ago

Hi, Ann! I also leave comments when I've read an article, and likewise appreciate comments to know how others respond to my writings. If this is a community, then we should support one and the other as Bill points out.

Thank you.  I quite agree and I much appreciate your taking the time to answer by leaving this comment!  It's good to know how many are of the same mind.

2. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Almost always, except for the occasional one where I am unable to deal with it for personal reasons.
      I very much appreciate every comments I receive and I like to reciprocate if I can.

6. Availiasvision profile image79
    Availiasvisionposted 9 years ago

Hello Ann. I would say that I leave a comment only about half of the time.  Most of the comments on HP aren't about real criticism of the writing, but more content based. I have never once had someone comment on the grammar or structure of a hub, only the content.

I'm not one who likes being fake and only leave comments on hubs of genuine interest.  Even if it's not a topic I'm head over heels for I still try to find something about it I learned or liked and leave a comment.  If someone writes an article on 10 different models of garbage disposals, I have a hard time being genuine about the interest. If it's well written, I might leave a comment about it being clear and concise, but honestly, it's hard sometimes to find something to say.

Also, sometimes I read the hubs on my phone and don't want to type out a long comment on a digital keyboard. If a hub was really good, I'll go back and find it later and write it on my computer.  Most of my comments are several paragraphs long, so doing that on a phone would be torture.   

Another thing to consider is that writers have different amounts of time available to spend on HP. The stay at home mom, full-time writer, or retiree may have way more time to allot for commenting. I see some writers here spend their whole day doing hundreds of comments, while those with full-time jobs are sneaking in a hub before breakfast. When I am working full-time, I only have time to read and comment on 3 or 4 hubs a day.  I wish I had more time because there are hubbers who I would love to comment on everything they write, but it's just not possible.  As a writer, I need to make sure that I'm balancing my time well between writing and connecting with other writers.

Great question! Have a lovely day.

-Jen

Great comment, Jennifer.  Yes, it is a time thing for many &  I didn't think about the phone thing (I don't use mine for anything but texts and a few calls!), but that's a big issue too.
      Thanks for the valuable input.

7. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 9 years ago

Ann, when I read a hub I do so with the intention of commenting. But I only comment when I have something positive to say, or if the hub covers a controversial issue and I feel I need to give a different viewpoint. I've actually read some hubs two or three times trying to find something positive I can say, but there have been times when I've had to give up without commenting. One turn off for me personally: if the hub employs vulgar or insulting language, I won't leave a comment, since to me, a positive comment implies some level of endorsement.

I quite agree; I won't tolerate such language either.  Otherwise, like you, I try to find the positives.
      Thanks for taking the time to answer and for your valuable thoughts.

8. tlcs profile image62
    tlcsposted 9 years ago

Always leave a comment annart, if you don't how does the hubber no if it is a good read or not? I rely on other hubbers to let me know if my hubs are good or not or if they have found spelling mistakes etc... (I have failed.... I said that I would write another hub before I went onto the forums! hey ho!) (See my hub about being careful on the time spent on forums and new hubs!)

I leave a comment whenever I can.  Sometimes, like others here have said, it's not easy to find a positive but then I say something like 'Good ideas' or something equally vague.  I don't correct but send the odd email. 
      Thanks for your valued input.

9. profile image0
    Pennyforyourthotsposted 9 years ago

I agree with billybuc. I leave comments when a hub is interesting to me because I care about the author's writing and I value the encouragement that comments inspire.

Absolutely. The interaction is so important and helps us all.
      Thank you very much for your input.

10. aesta1 profile image91
    aesta1posted 9 years ago

I usually do knowing how much effort goes into the hub. There are cases, though, when I don't. These are the ones that are really sloppy and written with not much effort.

Yes, on the rare occasions that happens, I agree.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.

11. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 9 years ago

When I am in a grumpy mood, I read and don't comment. There are  times when no matter what my intention is I am going to be sharp and harsh.  Nobody wants to hear from me on those days. I do vote on those days.

That's fair enough; I know what you mean though usually a hub will cheer me up (unless it's badly written!).  Thanks for your input; much appreciated.

12. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

yes, every hub that i read, i leave a comment and vote up, that is my habit

Thank you for answering. It's interesting to see how many people do this automatically.

13. Mark Johann profile image61
    Mark Johannposted 9 years ago

If the hub is worth commenting then I would. Most of hubbers in Hubpages are very good writers so mostly I write comments with them.

Ok. Thanks Mark.  I appreciate you answering.

14. rainsanmartin profile image85
    rainsanmartinposted 9 years ago

I only leave a comment if I feel an earnest reason to do so.

Thanks for your valid comment.

15. Faith Reaper profile image84
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Hi Ann,

Oh, yes, I always leave a comment after reading  a hub, as I believe that is a huge part of belonging to this wonderful community.  It not only shows support, but tells the writer that we our interested enough in what is being written to provide feedback and encouragement to continue writing.  I am always mindful to vote appropriately and share everywhere.  I have so many new followers here of late, but when they do not leave a comment on my hubs, then I am not sure if they are reading and I am left quite bewildered why someone would follow someone and read, but never comment. 

I appreciate the follow, but really appreciate comments being made so I am aware that someone is actually reading.

Blessings for a lovely weekend!

I quite agree, Theresa.  I've had a few new followers recently who've also said they've read my hubs, but no comments at all!  Are they just chalking up the numbers?  Never mind!  Those whom I care about support me & tell me if I'm wrong.  Thanks

16. carrie Lee Night profile image82
    carrie Lee Nightposted 9 years ago

Happy New Year Ann!  For me it all depends.  Most of the time I intend to leave a comment for a hub, but if I feel the content is not worthy I may just not say anything.   I want to be positive and leaving constant negative remarks is not kind.  I will however, point out errors because it is out of caring about their writing.  I always want to know if there are errors so I may improve, just like I want others to improve.  I guess my average is I leave  seven comments out of ten hubs.  I' m more likely to leave fan mail or give kudos to short story fiction.  Thank you for posting this question.  Have a great day.

Happy New Year to you too carrie!  Thanks for your insight.  I do comment on errors but tend to do so via email to avoid offence.  I generally agree with your approach though. Thanks for answering; hope you have a great Sunday.

17. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Hi Ann,
    I will comment on 99% of hubs I read. I will always look for something positive to take from it but if I do read a hub that is very badly written or simply a sales hub, rather than leave a negative comment I will usually say nothing.I was always told "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all."

Exactly, John.  I was told the same.  There are rare occasions when I can't find anything to say.  The sales hubs are definitely ones I pass by!  Thanks for your valuable input.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

18. alancaster149 profile image73
    alancaster149posted 9 years ago

It's like leaving a calling card but I don't always do it. Like Eric says here, if I take the time to read a page and I like it I'll leave a few words. If I think a page needs a bit of 'gingering up' I'll say so. Sometimes if writers are a bit short on information, or pages seem a bit 'empty' (foreshortened), I think there should be more for the reader.
    The beauty of these Hub-pages is you can easily add material or withdraw it without the page suffering. Usually I add, to let readers get their teeth into them - in other words make reading them worthwhile.

Great comment, thank you, alan.  I sometimes encourage new hubbers to add more information, whilst also giving them a positive boost in some way.  I must admit the comments often add wonderful entertainment to the hub. Thanks for answering.

19. MirandaWritesStuf profile image60
    MirandaWritesStufposted 9 years ago

Yes, I do my best too because it's just the courteous thing to do!

Agreed!  Thanks for answering.

20. Kristen Howe profile image92
    Kristen Howeposted 9 years ago

I do, if it's something that interested me. If it's a topic I know nothing about, I'll just rated it with a comment like useful and leave no comment.  It's simple as that. But by commenting on hubs, you would gain followers and more traffics to your hubs, I've been recently told.

Comments certainly do make a difference because when you interact with someone it often starts up a conversation and that gets people interested in you and your hubs; a spin-off, you might say!  Thanks for answering.

21. techygran profile image87
    techygranposted 9 years ago

Yes, I do leave a comment if I read a hub... not only do I want to offer encouragement to the writer (because that is my own experience when someone comments on my hubs), but it does cement one's place in the HP community. 

As a boomer on the fast track to 70, I find that a record of my having 'been there' is useful, as well, so that I can read other hubs and not re-read (and re-read? and re-re-read??).  In the same way, I do a quick book review online when I finish reading a book. 

~Cynthia

Thanks, Cynthia.  Great comment and I agree totally.  I like your point about 'cementing one's place in the HP community' and it does make me feel good when someone comments on mine, whatever they say!

22. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 9 years ago

Yes. I leave comment to share my thoughts (positive or negative) or to say a few encouraging words

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  Much appreciated.

23. monic-alang profile image61
    monic-alangposted 9 years ago

I do post comments every time.... I leave a comment and thumb up if i think the hub is worthy and also suggest if i think this hub should be improved smile

Yes, I think constructive criticism is a good thing when done sympathetically. Thanks for answering.

2. monic-alang profile image61
      monic-alangposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome smile

24. lorddraven2000 profile image92
    lorddraven2000posted 9 years ago

If I enjoyed it I will. I make it a habit to never leave negative comments so if I found something unenjoyable I usually just don't make a comment on it.

That's fair enough.  I don't agree with leaving negative comments; occasionally constructive criticism but that's all.  Thanks for answering.

25. iskhoso profile image61
    iskhosoposted 9 years ago

Hi annart,
    I am newbie and following the senior hubbers. I do myself best to to leave good comment. But it is right that commenting on each hub is not a routine of majority hubbers.

Most who follow me make comments regularly and I try to do the same but when you follow more and more it's difficult to keep up with everyone.  However, if I read, I comment 99% of the time.  Thanks for answering.

26. mary615 profile image84
    mary615posted 9 years ago

I would say I comment on 95% of the Hubs I read.  I have to admit some articles are way "over my head", and after reading the Hub three times, I give up and go on to something else.
    Either the author is super intelligent, or I am super dumb!!

Definitely not super dumb, Mary! I think it's up to the author to make it engaging, especially if they're super intelligent.  Thanks for a great answer.

27. SAQIB6608 profile image68
    SAQIB6608posted 9 years ago

Well I almost always leave a comment. I guess endorsing any comment for applaud/constructive criticism is better than not writing anything.

Yes I think so too.  Thanks for taking time to comment.

28. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

Yes, I would say 95% of the time I do leave a comment. If a good hub catches my eye, draws me in, I will read it and want the author to know. I also think leaving a comment is a good way to show hubberlove and support to fellow writers.

Exactly that; thank you for answering.  I'm glad to find that most hubbers support each other in this way.  I think it's important.  There are a few times when no comment is understandable but, thankfully, it's rare.  I appreciate your response.

29. nicolas-ray profile image59
    nicolas-rayposted 9 years ago

Hi Annart,
    Yes, I tend to leave some form of a comment after investing the time to read an article. It always puzzled me why people tend to only leave vague positive comments instead of really critiquing the work and leaving an honest opinion. Is it bad form to leave a constructive comment? Great Question.

Personally, I think it's good to give and receive constructive comments but some are offended.  If it's carefully worded then there shouldn't be a problem as we all want to improve, don't we? I agree with you. Thanks for answering.

30. SilentMagenta profile image75
    SilentMagentaposted 9 years ago

Honestly, no. If I feel like I need to comment I will but sometimes I am truly not interested in the hub. Sometimes what I have to say may upset the hubber. So my mother told me if you have nothing nice to say, Say nothing at all.

That's often a good idea and I know what you mean.  Thank you for commenting; I appreciate your input.

31. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 9 years ago

I leave comments on about 90% - 99% of the hubs I read.

If the topic is of no interest to me, it's doubtful I'll even read the hub.  If it's marginally interesting, I'll read it just to see what I might learn, and leave a comment to the effect that I have learned something new, or whatever applies.

That said, if I see a hub with a ton of comments and not a single reply, I generally won't comment.  I appreciate interaction, and I know I make a sincere effort to reply to each and every comment left on my hubs. 
    When an author does not reply, it seems they are not appreciative of the time people took to comment, and/or are only into themselves and what they have to say.

I think it is as bad or worse when an author replies only to "selected" comments, probably those of their personal friends/acquaintances, and ignores everyone else.
    I can perfectly well understand, however, a blanket "thanks, everyone, for all the comments" if they have gotten slammed with comments by getting HOTD.

I totally agree with your opinion on, and reaction to, those who don't answer readers who've taken the time to comment. They don't help themselves, though; fewer people will read their hubs consequently. Interaction helps us all. Thanks for answering

32. ZipperConstantine profile image78
    ZipperConstantineposted 9 years ago

If I really like it I do.  I think it depends if it is a subject you are passionate about. I know I have some Hubs that many people have read without  leaving remarks but some of those Hubs are ones people don't want other people to know they have read--It can also depend on the subject.

Yes, I suppose it does.  Never thought of people not wanting others to know they've read something.  Can't understand why!  Thanks for your insightful comment.

33. profile image0
    MrDanielAbramposted 9 years ago

Some hubs I do not leave a comment if I have nothing to say.

Thank you for answering.

34. seraphic profile image67
    seraphicposted 9 years ago

I do not always leave comments. It depends upon a few factors for me:

1)- Is my hand working properly or is it cramping up? (I have an injury that becomes aggravated as the day progresses).

2)- I am not compelled enough as my brain is flat-lining... no point in leaving a useless comment that makes me look like a complete fool.

3)- Intimidation - when you come across the odd article that is so articulate by a highly educated individual, it is terrifying... but you still enjoy the read.

4)- Time - Sometimes you just do not have the time to write everything you want to say... some things are better left unsaid (or so granny told me).

I was brave on this post!

Valid comments here. I understad but no one should feel intimidated; everyone's comment is valid and every writer should appreciate that. Time is a huge factor, I find!  Thank you for taking some out to answer my question. Much appreciated.

35. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 9 years ago

Hi, I always try to leave a comment, I just put how I feel and always in a very good way. However, there have been times I just read and didn't feel like typing a respond. Usually I read more than one hub from the same person so at one point I will always leave a comment.

If I have not left comments for a while it is due to the reason I am not  online or haven't been for a while. online.

I know most of us like to return the favor, however I do not expect comments on my posts even though I leave a comment.

I realize that people may still be reading the work. Its all good to me.

blessings
    Laurie

What a lovely, easy-going attitude! So many others expect one to be online nearly all the time but of course that's impossible for many and it's good to have another life!  Thanks so much for commenting.

36. lisavollrath profile image87
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

No, because mama always said, "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything". Sometimes, I just can't find anything positive or kind to say, so I think it's best not to leave a comment.

I can understand that.  I tend to look for some sort of positive in the writing or the subject or just put forward my own experience of something relevant.  Thanks for your comment.

37. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 9 years ago

Yes, mostly. It is a good way to thank and encourage a writer. Sometimes comments are casual but mist of the times it is meaningful. I love to give insightful comments especially to new comers.

Yes, it's nice to encourage new hubbers and leaving any nice comment at least lets people know we've read the hub and that they're appreciated.  Thanks for your insight.

38. Lefty Jay profile image59
    Lefty Jayposted 9 years ago

Im certainly commenting every hub I encounter, I believe its because Im new but the interesting hubs deserve a comment imo.

It does get more difficult to keep up with lots of hubs but if I read, like you, I generally comment.  Thanks for your contribution.

39. Chriswillman90 profile image90
    Chriswillman90posted 9 years ago

I always try to leave a comment. I won't say I leave a comment every time but I'll do my best to encourage them even just through voting it up or something.

I know of the importance of followers and I even mentioned that in a few of my articles. I want them to treat me with the same respect I give them, and a writer needs encouragement otherwise it's a struggle sometimes for them to keep going.

Little things like a comment consisting of a few words helps so much and I'll do my best to give my respects to the other writers.

Exactly!  It's all about respect, courtesy and encouragement. If we don't know what people think, even if they vote, then we can't learn how to write better, how to talk to our audience. Thanks so much for answering.

40. Joel Diffendarfer profile image87
    Joel Diffendarferposted 9 years ago

I especially leave comments for "newer-than-me hubbers".  Right from the start, several very experienced hubbers did the same for me.  It made a big difference and I quickly found that those comments, suggestions, answers, and encouragement gave me the freedom to combat a lifelong battle of naysayers.  Great question!

Excellent point.  Encouragement and support makes a huge difference to our morale, our improvements as writers and to the feeling of belonging to a community.  Thanks for answering.

41. MDavisatTIERS profile image69
    MDavisatTIERSposted 9 years ago

Good afternoon, Ann; we talked about this after following each other.  I do leave comments.  One of the interesting things about Hub Pages is that the comments tend to be more than the "interesting", "good job", "thumbs up/down" variety. As Joel pointed out, comments can sometimes help us overcome our fear of exposure with our writing.   

Also, comments that critique our writing help us improve.  Good question and answers.  ~Marilyn

Yes, Marilyn, it's exactly that and can mean the difference between continuing or giving up!  Thanks for your response.

42. adriantos7 profile image59
    adriantos7posted 9 years ago

Yes I do.This is because it is a good thing to compliment the authors.Writing isn't easy so when you complement someone it really means something big

Yes, it makes us feel good and any encouragement is always welcome!  Thank you so much for answering.

43. erorantes profile image48
    erorantesposted 9 years ago

Yes, I always leave a comment. If I get busy. I remember, and I go back to leave my comment.  It is nice to read the comments.  I know that I least one person care about my work on hub pages. Sometimes,  people go to a great deal of work to make a hub. A comment is for respect of the author's work and also an appreciation to their hubs.

I couldn't agree more.  It's good that you remember to go back; some wouldn't bother.  It certainly does take time and effort to write a good hub and we all like to be appreciated!  Thank you very much for answering.

44. MariaMontgomery profile image91
    MariaMontgomeryposted 9 years ago

No, not always, but most of the time, I do. I especially like to encourage newbies. There have been times when I wanted to comment on the poor spelling, grammar, and sentence structure, but have not done so. I have, however, mentioned those issues in a forum when someone asks in very poor English what is wrong with his/her hub.

Yes, I think it's always best to point out such things away from the hub itself.  Encouraging newbies is always good. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

45. profile image0
    genuineaid lmposted 9 years ago

I leave comments sometimes. If I'm impressed with the content of the hub, then I'll leave a comment if I have something useful to say.

Thanks for your contribution.  It seems many do the same as you. I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

46. wqaindia profile image37
    wqaindiaposted 9 years ago

Commentators are the basic strength of hub writers. If the Hub is extremely good then a real commentator will not hesitate to write the appreciating comment. If the hub article is not in good taste and lacks substance even than the good commentator will like to stop by the hub and give his or her valuable suggestion. Comments come only from think tanks and I always prefer to comment of the hub articles. In case the hub article is of average quality then just marking it interesting, cool will be suffice without adding comments.

Thank you so wgaindia; I agree with your points.  I know I love to receive comments!  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

47. MarleneB profile image91
    MarleneBposted 9 years ago

I always leave a comment. I want people to know that I read their hub. Also, I believe comments add credibility and might help boost the hub's visibility. It's my little way of supporting the writer.

Exactly!  I couldn't agree more.  Thanks for your contribution to this question.  Much appreciated.

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image61
      MonkeyShine75posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Commenting on Hubs seemed to raise my personal score too

3. annart profile image82

I haven't noticed, MonkeyShine, but I suppose any activity should contribute to our score.  Good point.

48. nanderson500 profile image81
    nanderson500posted 9 years ago

I almost always do. It's good to give feedback to the writer and let them know what you thought of the hub.

Yes, I agree.  Thanks for your contribution.

49. MonkeyShine75 profile image61
    MonkeyShine75posted 9 years ago

I think we should try to read and comment on the hubs of our followers, and vice versa
    That's why it's important to follow only those who write articles on subjects you are interested in

Good point.  It can get difficult keeping up with everyone's hubs!  Thanks for answering.

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image61
      MonkeyShine75posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm new here and have very few followers, so I don't have that problem yet. I try to read and comment on at least one hub of a new follower, as soon as they follow me. Keeps the pile down

50. Isivwe Muobo profile image74
    Isivwe Muoboposted 4 years ago

I used to leave comments just half the time, but I have decided to do so much more often.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)