jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how do you compete with other hubbers?

1. cupul profile image56
    cupulposted 8 years ago

how do you compete with other hubbers?

about traffic

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I don't compete with other site users, since I really have no idea what sort of traffic they are getting.

I do just fine competing only with myself.  After four years, it's proven a very useful method.

3. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

As relache has said, I don't compete with other Hubbers either.  What other people do or don't do on here is of no consequence to me with regard to how well I do.  There's really no need to compete with other Hubbers, because everyone's collection of Hubs is as individual as each of the thousands of Hubbers.

Two people could write equally good Hubs about the very same thing, both of them could even end up on a Google-search page 1; and the success of each of those Hubs and Hubbers would still depend on other things that Hubbers, themselves, did in terms of writing quality and traffic.  Besides, one of those Hubber could have written 100 other successful Hubs while the other may have written only 5.

As relache said as well, I only "compete" with myself.

4. muratos profile image59
    muratosposted 8 years ago

a very interesting question. i don't do this actually but surely possible to some degree by analyzing their pages on google results for top traffic generating keywords and find the backlink resources and try to get these links & more as well. Even you do this, there is no guarantee that you will take their positions because the quality of content is a heavy factor.

ethically, i don't suggest such actions and agree with relache