Hubbers who just reached 100$ a month mark !

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (26 posts)
  1. vector636 profile image61
    vector636posted 13 years ago

Hi friends
    I am quite new here on hubpages but i have written more than 100 articles on helium.
    I want to know that how much time it took you to reach 100$ a month mark. and how many hubbs have you written by now ?
    although it is quite a relative thing because it depends on topics choosen as well as SEO kind of things for hubbs ? But generally if we are getting 20,000 monthly views to our hubbs and conversion is not that good then how much can we make through adsense and amazon etc.
    I am seriously thinking about a shift in direction from Helium to HP.
    SO, Just needs some motivation
    I can write 20-25 hubs a month.

Thanks

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you write quality hubs, know how to select keywords and optimize your pages it shouldn't take you very long - maybe 3-4 months, possibly quicker. Paul Edmondson, one of the hubpages owners, says the average earnings are $2-5 per 1000 page views, which works out right in my case.

BTW - Welcome to HP! Now get writing!

1. David 470 profile image82
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

2-5$ per 1000 impressions sounds right. I have heard 1-3, but I think thats more accurate. 1.00 per 1000 page views is generally below average. Sometimes, It looks like I am going to get that, but I end up having a good day and it compensates for all the below average days such as bad PPC or CTR.

2. profile image54
      MyPostingIDposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I started in early August and hit $300 in Amazon commissions within the first week or so.  Commissions have risen ever since.  After an overhaul and removal of crappy hubs, I currently own just under 80 hubs.

Most of my hubs receive relatively little traffic (10-50 visits per day) but conversions are good.  Sunforged is right - traffic can come very quickly if you go about things correctly.

3. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

although i have been here nearly 3 years i only started to get serious at the start of this year,so it has taken me 10 months to acheive $100 a month,(my best month was $180 but it has dipped a bit) around a 100 HUBS

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

Why not just give it a try for yourself? I am sure you won't be disappointed.
    And welcome to HubPages!! smile

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

I joined in January.

Got serious in April.

Am now up to about 210 hubs on all accounts.

Made $48 last month from Adsense and $20 from Amazon.

But nearly all I earnt last month was from stuff written between April and June, now that it's aged and is getting more traffic.

4. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Welcome to HP Vector
    That was some good information WryLilt for the newbies , especially the ones who want to make quick bucks! smile

5. Csanad profile image70
    Csanadposted 13 years ago

What I reallised is this.

1. My adsense earning (in Euros) is roughly 20% of the total number of hubs,

2. My average search engine visitors is 3/hub (that's without any promotion),

3. My clickthrough ratio (CTR) is roughly 1%.

Of course these figures depend on many factors, so yours might be higher or lower. And again, these are just rough estimates, just to give you a general idea.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're not meant to disclose your CTR. It's a good idea to delete that smile

2. David 470 profile image82

Don't disclose CTR.

6. vector636 profile image61

So, I have a feeling that reaching to 100$ mark per month is quite easiy by posting 30 articles a month by taking maximum benefits of upfronts and empty title bonuses, but off course revienew share to two low. just about 15-20 cents a month per articles. HP may be better in long term benefits.
    and the most important thing is the full control over editing  articles in HP that is missing in Helium.

7. vector636 profile image61

What about your views or experience about selecting a topic by keeping in consideration the products of amazon ? is it help ful for maximizing earning chances ?

Product hubs make money off amazon.

Informational hubs make money off adsense.

You can get crossovers between the two, but that's how it works most of the time.

And it really is about making a good hub. 1/3 of my hubs were written without background knowledge. Those rarely get google views, some never have.

Of the money I have earnt it probably mostly came from just 25% of my hubs. In my experience, a hub usually either goes fairly well or is a complete flop, there isn't really an in between.

Most hubs take 6-9  months to see decent traffic, though.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is a really good reminder to me that it takes "6-9 months go get good traffic"

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

it can take only 60-90 minutes to get good traffic also.

depends on your topic selection and definition of "good traffic"

there are no set periods of time in calender days,nor are there any guarantees for clicks or conversions per a set amount of visitors

results vary based on luck, topic selection, keyword targetting, writing style, layout, on/off page optimization etc.

to get that $2-5/per 1000 average there are many at $4-10+/per 1000 point and many unfortunately at the zero/per 1000 rate.

2. David 470 profile image82

I agree some hubs just are dead. I have hubs that sky rocket, some are medium, and others seem dead. I pretty much know why some of mine are dead though. They may pick up eventually, or won't really ever.

My hubs that get a few views per day though seem to be long term ones that I expect to get more traffic when they have aged more months and years...

8. vector636 profile image61

the type of titles on HP and Helium are quite different . There, we dont consider about amazon kind of thing, we just write for the sake of writing, basically to maximise empty tile and upfront bonuses. but, I should change my intention here on HP (I think)
    topic like "quick tips on improving vocabulary" or "how to gain self respect" are not going to do well ofr me here.
    M I right ??

Those topics *may* do well if they have high traffic and relatively low traffic, in terms of adsense. The best way to optimize adsense is to put your first text capsule next on its own up the top, so your first large ad box can appear.
      Then put pictures further down the page.

Do you know much about keywords?

vector636posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I know about this niche and I understand the importance of traffic from search engines exclusively. I use adwords and I have not dared to buy a paid tool. Do you use any Paid tool?
        aS I AM NOT A NATIVE ENGILSH SPEAKER, So, I want to know how much strict HP is about grammatical errors ? Although I am not that bad in grammer.

9. brettb profile image61
    brettbposted 13 years ago

I got to >$100 after 4 months here.

Amount of traffic is not important - one of my other sites makes around that with just 100 page views a day.

vector636posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow.. this is inspirational stuff.
      So what is the reason ?
      Keywords?
      amazon sellings ?
      Backlinking ?
      Or luck, which I dont have sad

10. Wendy Krick profile image63
    Wendy Krickposted 13 years ago

I've been around for 2 years but only got serious with Hubpages in the last 6 months.

Last month I made over $200 with Amazon and Google Adsense! I also got my first google paycheck last month. smile

~Wendy

1. Super Chef profile image59
      Super Chefposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I myself have been on hubpages for around 8 months but was missing for four of them and I have only just reached $75 soon to get my first paycheck from google if all goes to plan.

11. BetteMachete profile image66
    BetteMacheteposted 13 years ago

Thank you, everyone who has shared so far. It is always interesting to hear every individual experience.

12. Enelle Lamb profile image74
    Enelle Lambposted 13 years ago

I have been a member for 2 years, however, I just had my eyes opened to this forum today...sounds terrible I know, but my oversight has been corrected big_smile
    I got serious about making the $100. mark about a year ago. I wrote good content, although it wasn't necessarily green, but now have over 100 hubs up and have reached payout twice, and working towards #3.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)