jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

I'm just curious why I sometimes see page views listed for hubs I haven't publis

1. a.l. laurice profile image67
    a.l. lauriceposted 8 years ago

I'm just curious why I sometimes see page views listed for hubs I haven't published yet? I...

thought at first that they came from my viewing them to edit them--but I know I haven't viewed them 40+ times! Does anyone know why this might be? I'm one of those writers who hates for anyone to see my work before it's completely finished... Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Yes they do come from you viewing them.  If you're absolutely sure you didn't view it 40 times, drop HubPages team a line with a link to your Hub and they'll check it.

3. a.l. laurice profile image67
    a.l. lauriceposted 8 years ago

Thank you for your quick answer! I do find it a little hard to believe that I have looked at them that many times...but I guess it is possible. I will keep better tabs on myself for awhile before I ask the hubpages team.

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

I don't know how HubPages blocks unpublished Hubs from searches, if they do so.

Here is something you could try as a test:  As soon as you make a Hub, published or not, you get a URL.  Assume you have written one but haven't yet published it.  Link to your unpublished Hub URL from another Hub.  Then a few days later, Google it to see if it has been indexed by Google.  If it is indexed by Google, anyone searching for words/phrases that happen to be in your Hub may come across it.

Closed to reply

working