jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

money or art?

1. jdaviswrites profile image90
    jdaviswritesposted 7 years ago

money or art?

are you here on hubpages to just make money: writing reviews on cellphones and stainless steel self warming ice cream scoops...Or are you here to write for art: poetry, fiction tales, informative articles etc...

The promotional hubs that litter hubpages sometimes really bother me. I just need a spoon to scoop my ice cream, I don't care what kind. I don't think anyone does...but these writers make money money money.

2. L3B0 profile image73
    L3B0posted 7 years ago

I agree, lets go for the art side of things. It would not be a bad idea.

3. faye monroe profile image52
    faye monroeposted 7 years ago

I'm a self employed artist. I have way too little money most of the time. But I do what I do because I love it and it allows me more time with me children. Chasing money is such a waste. That won't make me happy in the long run. Chasing my children around the yard playing will. I say go for the art and beauty in life.

4. C.J. Dufty profile image61
    C.J. Duftyposted 7 years ago

here to get my art out there...to get it read.  Tired of seeing my poems sit in boxes, unenjoyed.  Strictly for art.

5. profile image60
    seaofloveposted 7 years ago

I'm an artist who likes to eat and have a warm, safe place to sleep. Lot's of people do make art & money. There's nothing wrong with doing what you love and earn some $$ doing it. One need not compromise your soul to make a living!. Using balance, making informed decicions, and loving what you do, doing what you love.
    It can help to pool certain resources with other artists, create your own co-op, order supplies in bulk, share ideas, trade goods, have fun, create community...art is life, life is art...

6. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

Give me 'art' any day...I am just one of those idealistic hubbers who still believes that they are dreamers and real artists out there who create beauty...question...ponder...and make our lives more worhtwhile just because they can not live other way....we, humans have many foibles but one hope we haven't been still reduced just to 'the repetitive and unimaginative machines who think only about how to make more money'.

working