jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why Dont people Click on the ads ob my Hubs?

1. EF_DOOM profile image59
    EF_DOOMposted 7 years ago

Why Dont people Click on the ads ob my Hubs?

I actually put a lot of work into my hubs

2. EpicNoob profile image48
    EpicNoobposted 7 years ago

This is usually to do with traffic numbers and content pal. See, 'how to make money' hubs tend to make more on adsense than other hubs like 'how to play the didgeridoo'. But even then, we're talking a 5% advert click through rate tops.

It's also strange to think, but is it really down to how good your content is? If you think about it, people will be clicking on your adverts if they're looking for a better source of information than what they have at present - so it's tricky to gauge what makes a hub have a high click through rate.

If it's an affiliate link you're trying to promote then that's a whole different story. In order to sell someone a product, you've got to provide quality information and build trust.

Hope this helped.

3. Cloud.Strife profile image60
    Cloud.Strifeposted 7 years ago

you can image it that when you come to a web page,are you willing to click the ads?

4. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I am sure people enjoy reading your hubs, EF DOOM, but the sad fact is that we are in the midst of a recession. People don't really want to buy anything right now. People are coming, reading your work, and being enriched personally, but times are a little rough right now, and so they don't even touch the ads for fear that in doing so, they have racked up a charge on their credit card without meaning to.

Surely money is not your motivation? If you give into this temptation, you may find yourself writing to the cash (I mean this as a variation of "teaching to the test"). Then the quality of your writing can then only decrease, and then traffic will go down, and so on and so forth.

working