jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is "evergreen content" in your own words?

1. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 7 years ago

What is "evergreen content" in your own words?

In my own words, evergreen content is like rosemary - content staying fresh and fragrant throughout the year. One example is a hub that provides information on losing weight.

In your own words and experiences, how do you define it? Provide an example of one if you can.

2. rebekahELLE profile image87
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

evergreen content is content on topics and subjects that will always be searched, not current news events or the latest fads or gadgets.  some examples; parenting, healthy foods, how-to hubs, travel destinations, careers, job hunting skills. I ask myself if someone would still want to know this info many years from now.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Your answer to your own question -- about weight loss -- is a good example of "evergreen".  Non-evergreen would be a Hub about Oprah's current weight at the time you write it.  You just KNOW that will be obsolete in a month.  :-)

4. talfonso profile image83
    talfonsoposted 7 years ago

Dabeaner, good point - you can't always write on some celebrity's current weight or how long he or she spends time in jail - you have to write on something year round, like keeping modest in clothing, for instance. As for you, RebekahELLE, I agree with the question you ask yourself whether the topic is still relevant or not.

5. Jarn profile image73
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Evergreen content is material vague enough to avoid using pertinent information like dates,times, and references to recent occurrences while SEO friendly enough to attract plenty of readers through the use of buzz words.

working