jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What similarities, if any, do you find between journalism and hub writing?

1. ramkkasturi profile image59
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

What similarities, if any, do you find between journalism and hub writing?

both journalist and hub writers seem to focus on readership, and some even  spice up the content so are they identical activities with different names?
    (There is also forum on this for more   elaborate discussion. Please contribute)

2. frequentflyer profile image55
    frequentflyerposted 7 years ago

They both inform the readers of the topic they are talking about.

3. wingedcentaur profile image85
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day ramkasturi

I don't think there are any similarities between hub writing (blogging) and journalism. These are two vastly different mediums. At its best, blogging might be vaguely comparable to op-ed writing.

Journalism is about going out there and getting the information, interviewing people willing to talk, those only willing to do so anonymously (though I hear that good journalists do their best to have their sources go "on the record" - an excessive number of anonymous sources is not considered a good thing). Along the way a journalist gets doors slammed in his face - and that's when he knows he's touched a raw spot, which should make him want to keep picking at it.

Journalism is about challenging power, and I would argue, speaking truth to power. Any "journalist" who "spices up the content" is not a journalist but a celebrity reporter or gossip columnist. This thing, hubbing, we do in the comfort of our own home or local coffee shop on our laptops cannot compare to journalism.

Some people actually think that, somehow, the Internet might replace print and broadcast journalism, should they tank. Frankly, I find this preposterous. Journalism (especially mainstream journalism, with all its faults) is absolutely indispensable.

To put it succintly, we wouldn't know a darn (don't want to swear, do we?) thing about the world we live in without it.

4. Mentalist acer profile image59
    Mentalist acerposted 7 years ago

Both a journalist and a blogger need to know what they're talking about...

5. warrioRR profile image59
    warrioRRposted 7 years ago

Only Thing is
    I love to write!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and every one loves to write truth

6. suny51 profile image54
    suny51posted 7 years ago

journalism is based on facts,where as hubs are you own point of views,related to any subject,fact or fiction,proven or unproved,history or chemistry,but journalism is hard facts and what ever you write should have solid base.

working