jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there anything like over exposure and author fatigue in hub writing?

1. ramkkasturi profile image61
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

Is  there anything like over exposure and author fatigue in  hub writing?

Quite often in the writing there is a concern among authors that they may get over exposure and create  author's fatigue in the reader. To prevent this they try not too proliferate too much. Do we see this in hub reading?

2. profile image0
    Chasukposted 7 years ago

I don't think so.

An average novel is about 120,000 words. Even the most prolific Hubber is unlikely to achieve that in a year.

The Hubber is also usually addressing many themes and many subjects, all in bite-size pieces. This should reduce the risk of reader fatigue (which, by the way, is the common term for what you are describing).

I'm new at least, so I may be wrong, but that's what intuition and logic tell me.

3. agvulpes profile image86
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

Are you asking the question as an 'author' or a 'publisher' ?
    I am on HubPages I believe as a 'publisher' so then I want as much exposure as I can get!   Readers fatigue should not be a problem if you write on various and interesting topics!

4. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 7 years ago

Even regular writers get tired, but what's worse is writer's block. As for freelancing, try to make your writing work for you in the best possible way.

I noticed in your bio that you have a lot of experience in teaching, education and management.

You can create a word document, convert it to a PDF with doc2pdf.net (scroll to the bottom of that webpage to use) an post it onto DocStoc, Scribd, Calameo, Issuu and other Doc Sharing sites.

Perhaps you can consider becoming a regular writer for health and medical-related websites. If you look on Elance, oDesk, even in the jobs section of Problogger.net that can help you out.

I also noticed that you said one of your heroes is Mahatma Ghandi. Now, that would be a topic of great interest to a lnterest to a lot of people.

Consider creating a Hub about him. You may want to include videos. Or write about him over at Triond where you can earn per article view.

Then drive traffic, Twitter, etc.

Especially with today's world and all the hubbub going on, I think "peace" articles would be a of big interest.

working