jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What tools do you use to organize your hub writing?

1. flounderingsahm profile image73
    flounderingsahmposted 7 years ago

What tools do you use to organize your hub writing?

Or do you just wing it?  For example, index cards, notebook, software program?

2. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Just a text editor.  I write down all the points I want to hit, then put      them in the rough order I probably want them and finally write the paragraphs.  Check for typos and all that, then go select any pictures if applicable, put it all into capsules and hit Preview.  Final look-see and hit Publish.

3. wingedcentaur profile image82
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day Flounderingsahm

Personally, I just "wing it." I find that whatever I write relatively quickly is almost invariably best, certainly better than pieces that I spend too much time slavering over, constantly revising and so forth. Somehow I have come to believe that if I struggle to write it, the reader will struggle to read it.

The more of an ordeal I make it for myself, the more of an ordeal it will be for you, the reader. This is what I believe, rightly or wrongly. Therefore I don't use outlines, index cards or anything like that. I let it flow.

However, there is one formal methodological procedure that I follow. I keep notebooks full of quotes and interesting facts from various books and periodicals that I read. When I write hub articles and use information that I don't think if common knowledge, I cite it with endnotes (and provide links, of course) - just as we were taught to do in highschool.

4. DonnaWallace profile image73
    DonnaWallaceposted 7 years ago

I use Word to write all of my hubs. First, I do all my research. I'll keep notes in quotes so I remember where they originated. I will also keep footnotes. Then I'll rearrange the notes until they appear to make sense.

Finally, I'll just start writing. Since my thought process has already been organized, and I am familiar with the topic, the hub comes easily.