jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Comments deleting when trying to post

1. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

I'm having tons of problems with comments. The biggst one that I'm about fed up with is when you try to post a comment and all of the comments disappear including the one you just typed in. That or it reverts to the top of the page and still doesn't save the comment.

The issue has happened several times throughout time at HP, and it always seems to be the longer more thought out comments that get deleted when trying to submit.

It's a pain in the but, and I understand typing your hubs in word and copying them over to prevent losing the text, but do we really have to do that with comments to?

1. larryfreeman profile image88
      larryfreemanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Whitney,

Soon (in the next few days), we will be making an update to the HubPages comments feature.  It should enable pages to load quicker and will simplify how comments are handled.

Hopefully, it will get you past many of these issues.  I'll post on this thread when the change has been released.

-Larry

2. larryfreeman profile image88
    larryfreemanposted 8 years ago

Hi Whitney,

The change for comments just went out.  When you have a chance, please try it out and let us know if it fixes the issues that you have been encountering.

-Larry

3. Whitney05 profile image83

Thanks I'll have to give it a try. Hopefully all will be well now.

4. Whitney05 profile image83

Still having problems. :-/

This time, which has happened before, when trying to post the comment all previous comments including the box disappears. The page must be refreshed and your new comment isn't there.

1. larryfreeman profile image88
      larryfreemanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hi Whitney, Bentley Fan,

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll keep working on it.

Also, which hub did you have the problem with and which browser were you using when you had the problem?

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

-Larry

5. Bentley Fan profile image54
    Bentley Fanposted 8 years ago

Yeah I'm also having the same issues sad

working