This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A question about rating articles

1. vancouver profile image39
    vancouverposted 8 years ago

this may seem like a silly question, I hope not as I am a newbie hubber, but what happens if you upvote/rate your own articles?

regards,
    JR

1. Rochelle Frank profile image96
      Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't-- doesn't seem right. I think someone tried it once and got a message about being desperate.
      (If you do , let us know what happens.) smile

2. Wally owns profile image53
    Wally ownsposted 8 years ago

What happens? I don't know, it just says "your name" posted a comment on "your name's" article.
    Or something like that.
    why don't you try it?

Wolly OWNS

3. nicomp profile image69
    nicompposted 8 years ago

Try adding yourself as a fan of yourself. HubPages has a sense of humor.

4. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

I doubt rating your articles would have any positive effects. Probably neutral...

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

If you try to add yourself as a fan it tells you that you are being a little too desperate.  I tried that once just to see what it would do lol.

working