jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

how do you rate hubs

1. dianajorossano profile image38
    dianajorossanoposted 7 years ago

how do you rate hubs

2. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Er, do you mean how do I rate them overall as a method of communicating?

I think largely they're very good.

I think they can give people the opportunity to make money - if they can work out how to do it, but more than that, it gives people who wouldn't normally be able to be creative on the internet, the opportunity to show the world what they know and what they can do.

All in all, I think hubs and HP are awesome.

3. jasoncox83 profile image72
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

I usually will look at the overall content, is it informative or something someone would want to read. Does your hub use proper English, Grammar, and sentence structures.
    Summary:
    Based on the information provided, it's accuracy, and the overall level of English used within the hub. (I personally enjoy it when I actually have to look a word up from time to time)

4. Spider Girl profile image66
    Spider Girlposted 7 years ago

I look for unique information, the effort made that speaks of itself and the modules put in there. Usually I rate up a hub that inspires me and I think it's quite engaging...

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

There are few things that will make me rate a hub down. I love the community and I want to encourage people, so a hub has to be really bad for me to even consider it. The first major offense is shameless advertising. Usually you can tell when someone is trying to post only keywords to get hits. The text reads disjointed and the same phrase comes up again and again. These really frost my goat. I don't get angry with people for using keywords, but some people don't even try to integrate them.

The second offense is poor editing. I've seen a lot of mistakes that someone could catch with a single read-through of their hub, but they didn't even give it that much. I understand we all make mistakes, but when it is one right after another and they're simple fixes, then it's just being lazy.

working