jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

With over 51K inane questions in this forum shouldn't any question not answered

1. KKalmes profile image59
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

With over 51K inane questions in this forum shouldn't any question not answered in 1 wk be deleted?

I went through 100 pages of questions and flagged probably 35%, ignored 63% and felt intrigued by about 2%, but with 51K thoughtless, absurd and questionable questions being asked how is this an effective community watering hole? All questions not answered within a week or 10 days should be deleted. We would have a much better chance of participating in a worthwhile community forum if this wasn't such a black hole for the ridiculous. We can't even find questions that warrant discourse and participation without wasting hours wading through junk mail. I will keep asking until I get an answer.

2. rnbguru profile image35
    rnbguruposted 7 years ago

That or there should be some sort of voting process to delete entries. It doesn't have to even just be flagging things for a moderator. Instead, if say 10 hub users mark a post as silly/spam/wasteful, it should get wiped out.

3. ross670daw profile image68
    ross670dawposted 7 years ago

I couldn't agree more, a high percentage of questions are simply ridiculous and of no benefit, other than perhaps to get the asker a link to their profile. Your suggestion has my vote.

4. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

I'd give them a month if not answered, then delete.  If they are felt to be really legitimate by questioners, they can ask again.  Dumb questions probably won't be re-asked all that often, as it would take more work for dumb questioners.

I say no to voting.  Look what happens when people vote in political elections -- the politically correct wins -- the unpopular lose.  If there is voting on questions, there will just be politically correct or neutral questions left.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I doubt that it would work, a lot of people on here have more than one account.  I don't know how that works, would people who ask stupid questions and non-questions be able to use an alter ego to post an answer.

6. Natural Remedy profile image69
    Natural Remedyposted 7 years ago

How about putting a limit on the # of questions a hubber can ask if their score is under a certain hubscore. So many times you see "prank" questions from hub scores of 30 or less.

Closed to reply

working