what is the difference between google and google canada?

1. Mom Kat profile image79
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

what is the difference between google and google canada?

I was checking my traffic sources today and I have views from google and google canada. I guess I just thought google was google.  What's the difference?

2. Hogan Quick profile image58
    Hogan Quickposted 7 years ago

Every country has their own Google (.ca is Canada, .de Germany, and so on.)  If your hubs are monetized you will find that foreign traffic will not produce any clicks ($).  I have heard that some intl visitors will be shown ads, others will not, hard to find the right answer.  To answer your question, the difference between Google Canada and Google US is that the search results from the .ca Goolge will be from primarily Canadian web pages and most certainly the ads will be offering products and services to Canadians.

3. ZarkoZivkovic profile image76
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

The difference is simple, Google Canada is localized search, while plain Google is international broad search.

It is better to focus on Google Canada for localized results. i.e. if you are selling real items like bicycles from Ontario you don't need your site to rank number one in Google, as a Japanese guy might be browsing but he cannot buy your product. While if you rank at number one for Google Canada or even more targeted search like Ontario web directories your business will bloom as people from Canada will see your product easily.

It is far easier to rank high for localized results, which is the first part of SEO if the product and services offered by a website, blog, hub are localized and not informational in nature.

working