jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should the flag decision be brought to the attention of the stuff before the hub

1. Tkumah profile image60
    Tkumahposted 7 years ago

Should the flag decision be brought to the attention of the stuff before the hub is actually flagged

Should the flagger be treated the same as the one that is flagged? When a member flag a hub, her/his decision should be brought to the attention of the stuff who then decide if to flag the hub. Wouldn't that be more just and fair to both sides and prevent misuse? Who is the  judge? Why is the power in the hands of one party only? How would one define 'innocent'?

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You don't seem to understand how flagging by members works.

When site members flag a Hub, all that does is alert admin.  It's then up to the admin team to review the content and make any decisions in regards to violations, or take any actions.  Nothing actually happens to the Hub until the administrative review occurs.

3. EatLovePray profile image56
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

Well, I had one of my best articles flagged by a Hubber, and now it's sent again for re-publication for revision by the HP team. I think there should be some consequences for people who flag for no reason because that would at least make them think twice before flagging someone's hard work for illegitimate reasons.

4. SteveoMc profile image74
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

The decision to flag or not is difficult.   I choose to flag only in the most severe or noxious times.  This for me includes nudity, especially that one guy who posted pictures of himself sitting in front of the computer naked.     

For me, the decision is always based on 'does this meet the TOS?'   It is healthier for the site if we take some responsibility to flag offensive material.

Closed to reply