jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should self promotion hubs be banned ?

1. swapna123 profile image66
    swapna123posted 7 years ago

Should self promotion hubs be banned ?

while hub hopping, i sometimes come across hubs that are written to promote some other website or product. I flag few of these hubs that are too small or nonsensical as spam. However, there are some hubs are well-written and include  inline links to their website. Should these be allowed ?

2. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 7 years ago

hub does allow few links to website but if it finds too much promotion..it is flagged by hub itself..coming to products..well product review cannot be said as product promotion ...balanced review helps people to decide on products..

3. swapna123 profile image66
    swapna123posted 7 years ago

I am not talking about well researched balanced product reviews, only the promotional ones. Example, if a person joins hubpages an hour ago and has written three or four hubs about how useful a particular brand of laptop bag or feeding bottle is, isn't that self-promotion ?

4. opensourcevarsity profile image69
    opensourcevarsityposted 7 years ago

Well if the three or four hubs about a particular laptop bag or feeding bottle are well written.

Contain useful information to fellow hubbers to help them decide on which laptop bag or feeding bottle to purchase, I would not label that as self promotion.

I'm pretty sure that if that hub contains a single link back to the hubber's website it really should not be flagged as self promotion.

I actually think that this is the very purpose of HubPages.

5. EatLovePray profile image54
    EatLovePrayposted 7 years ago

If a new member writes a product review on a laptop brand, how is that considered self-promotion?

I don't think you clearly realize the definition of self promotion. Self promotion is when you write about yourself or projects in which you have a strong personal involvement in. HubPages has an automated system that scans all hubs to detect any copyright infringement or something like that.

If anybody is going around flagging new users who have some backlinks in their hubs leading to their other hubs..it's wrong. Adding links is allowed on HP. This is known as creating backlinks.

Closed to reply

working