jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do some folks dislike doing Keyword Research?

1. Mutiny92 profile image75
    Mutiny92posted 7 years ago

Why do some folks dislike doing Keyword Research?

I personally enjoy it a lot.  I think it is like putting together a puzzle.  As you narrow down the remaining pieces, you are able to see the areas of niche that stand a chance of being profitable.  I can't understand why people complain about the research so much...Your ideas?

2. Lisa HW profile image76
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Because it's like doing a puzzle.   LOL    A lot of people who want to write just want to write.  If they wanted to do a puzzle they'd do a puzzle.  Many writers earn their money in ways other than looking for profitable niches on the Internet (so they don't care if they ever find profitable niches anyway).   smile

3. triosol profile image58
    triosolposted 7 years ago

Because its not easy jobs. its very boring jobs. If you dont do properly it will backfire your business.

4. sid_candid profile image61
    sid_candidposted 7 years ago

Keyword research is vital for succeeding in your online endeavor. But sometime people dislike it as they think it is a lot of hard work and are not too sure about the results.

5. leslielesson profile image54
    leslielessonposted 7 years ago

Many people don't like it because they either don't fully understand how to do it, or they just don't have the right tools.

Also, they might want to write about subject matter they find really cool and interesting. Then after doing some research they may learn that those keywords have too much competition. As a result the keywords they find with potential might not be as glamorous.

Because, you know, nobody wants to write 10 articles about dryer lint traps etc.

6. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 7 years ago

I agree, keyword research is interesting when you can look at the potential of ranking for certain phrases. At the same time as a writer, it takes away from the flow of just putting a nice article together and letting it be. Of course if you just write to enjoy writng then keyword research is only there to benefit exposure vs. the love of writing!