How can you be sure a back link isn't overly promotional?

1. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 7 years ago

How can you be sure a back link isn't overly promotional?

I want to start making back links to my hubs, but a lot of websites look down on overly-promotional posts. So how do you know if posting a link to your hub is overly-promotional or not? Isn't the whole idea of back linking a process of self-promotion?

2. Garrett Mickley profile image80
    Garrett Mickleyposted 7 years ago

A good idea would be to write about something else (similar) and include a backlink to the hub.  For example:

Lets say your hub sells iPhone cases.  The backlink posts could be about the top five ways iPhone's break.  Then include a part at the beginning or end or somewhere saying that a simple iPhone case will protect it.  Put your backlink in there.

I didn't go to look at your hubs or anything, otherwise I could probably help you come up with ideas.  Just be creative.  Shoot me a message if you need help with ideas or something.

3. Matt Jackson profile image58
    Matt Jacksonposted 6 years ago

If you're specifically using article marketing then you should only usually include links in your resource paragraph and you can be as unashamedly self promotional as you like in there.

If you're guest posting blogs or link building in similar ways to that then you need to adhere to the rules of the site you're posting to. Look for a guidelines page and check out other posts to see what's considered good form.

working