jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Please can someone help me? Overly promotional hub problem

1. Jules Halliday profile image89
    Jules Hallidayposted 3 years ago

Hi,

I have searched the FAQ and other forum posts, but haven't found an answer, so I am hoping someone can help me, please.

I have had two of my hubs, which were previously published and featured, flagged as overly promotional because apparently I have linked to my own domain (my website) more than twice (I haven't.) I haven't made any changes since they were published.

I replied to the moderator who said that it is because I am linking to my website more than twice, but I am not. Each of the hubs links twice only to the single domain. I emailed back for clarification with this message:

I can't see where my hub links to *my website* twice. It links on the first picture and then again on the picture that you have detailed above, but that's it. Can you point out to me where else it links? Thanks

This is the response from the moderator...

The first link is on the first picture, as you've stated. The second link is under the photo that I described in the previous message ("Source: FREE Apps for my Readers").

I am now confused as this confirms that I have only linked twice to the single domain, so how can it be overly promotional?

Please can someone kindly take a look at my hubs that have been flagged and see where I have gone wrong? I can't work it out.

http://juleshalliday.hubpages.com/hub/1 … -Interview

http://juleshalliday.hubpages.com/hub/A … redentials

Thank you in advance and I hope that made sense!

Jules

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are not allowed to use banners, so perhaps that's the problem.

2. Jules Halliday profile image89

Sorry, I am so stupid! You won't be able to view my hubs because they are unpublished! Doh!

Anyway, I hope you got the idea. I just need to know if there's another rule I don't know about, which means I can't link to my own website twice within my hub.

Thanks again!

3. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I think the banner promoting your home pages might just be seen as too self-promotional?

1. Jules Halliday profile image89
      Jules Hallidayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe that could be it, but they seem to be saying that I have linked more than twice :-(

4. The Examiner-1 profile image79
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I may have had a similar problem. When you edit the photos, are there similar names (etc.) in both the Source URL line and the Name of source line? If so, delete the information in the Source URL line. Is the problem gone?

5. Jules Halliday profile image89

Thanks everyone for your replies. The problem was that although I only have two links to the one domain, the photo of one of the links also had my domain name on it.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Unless they specifically said it was for linking--the "overly promotional" warning does cover other things. I don;t see more than two links on the page.

working