jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have found that somebody has copied the complete content of 1 of my hubpages.C

1. heohongtham profile image58
    heohongthamposted 7 years ago

I have found that somebody has copied the complete content of 1 of my hubpages.Could you tell me...

what I can do about this? Thanks

2. profile image45
    Matthew Larsonposted 7 years ago

The help guide says to try and contact the person first.  If that doesn't work, then follow the link below to file a complaint.

3. poetvix profile image70
    poetvixposted 7 years ago

I had the exact same thing happen to me.  I am very sorry to hear it happened to you.  I emailed the Hub team and they were so kind as to help me by emailing the site the stolen work was posted at as I could not get my email to go through to them.  The site pulled the work quickly.  I did a hub on this topic and many of the comments contained from other Hubbers offered great suggestions such as contacting the ad source co., emailing the CEO of the host sight, and other useful tips.  I do hope this works out for you.

4. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

There are many things you can do to fix the problem.

1) Contact them directly stating the issue, that you own the copyright and for them to give you credit backlink whatever...Or just have them take it down

2) Do a Whois search to tell who the web host is, and file a complaint with them. They will in fear of a lawsuit ask you to follow a few simple steps at which time they will (or should) remove the content from the site. They may depending also suspend that users entire web hosting account.

3) If they have Google Ads you can File a DMCA report to Google. Also send this off to any other ad companies you may see on their page/website. Google has their own steps they will persue, however they won't be placing Google Ads no longer as their account will get suspended/delete. No more money from Google for them. smile
    I hope this helps a bit, I wish you the best of luck.

5. heohongtham profile image58
    heohongthamposted 7 years ago

Thank you ALOT.
    I just found out my other hub has been copied on Yuwie, I try to send an email to copyright@yuwie.com but it always says this email is incorrect!!
    Any help please