jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Dodgy clickthroughs?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

I have heard advice given that we should not really click ads on other hubbers sites? That google might think this is dodgy and ban the hubber from adsense. Is the same true for amazon? Also what if that click lead to an actual sale? Maybe you have written a review on a book or other product, and have done such a job that it has made me want to buy, should I be afraid to use the links you have given because it might get you into trouble?

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Make it a habit of NOT clicking on ads.

And it's not just the hubber getting the clicks that is at risk, but the clicker themselves.

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

It's fine to click on other people's hubs.

It's NOT fine to click on your own hubs. Or to ask your friends, family, workmates to click on your hubs or other adsense adverts.

Google is clever. they have ways of finding out :-)

kirstenblogposted 8 years ago in reply to this

So if my intent with clicking on an add is genuine (I really am interested in what its advertising) it should be fine. If I just want to help you make money and click on all the adds on your page that might wave the dodgy flag to the google brains.

Is amazon as strict? (this is mostly curiosity, I don't want to get in trouble or get others in trouble and just want to understand as much as i can)

3. MontyApollo profile image59
    MontyApolloposted 8 years ago

I don't think Amazon cares, since they don't pay-out unless somebody actually buys something.

4. Whitney05 profile image60
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

It's not a good idea to click on the ads anywhere on HubPages. If you see a product you want, just go to amazon and type it in.

plus Make it a habit of NOT clicking on ads.

This seems counter productive to me but oh well, google seems strange to me anyway smile If I am going to get into the habit of not clicking on ads and doing a search instead here I will probably wind up doing the same anywhere on the net, meaning less money for them through google adwords. I have used adwords for my ebook and boy did they make some money off of me! Oh well I dont use adwords anymore and don't really give a toss if they make money with click throughs or not.

5. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Telling people to click on ads, or telling them to not click on ads are both against Google's TOS.

But then most Hub authors haven't actually read Google's TOS at all.

:-$ Yeah we start to read them then figure, I don't plan on doing anything illegal or anything and assume.........
      *Cough* probably not the best idea, tho half the time I don't really understand what I am reading when I do read TOS's all the way through

working