jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone write for Examiner.com and how do you compare the earnings to hubpag

1. cottontail profile image61
    cottontailposted 7 years ago

Does anyone write for Examiner.com and how do you compare the earnings to hubpages?

2. Dee aka Nonna profile image79
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 7 years ago

Great question and would love to hear from folks as well.  I have investigated the site, downloaded information but have done nothing about it.  Don't know why...I can sometimes procrastinate but not to this extent. LOL  Hope someone with experience answers soon.

3. Priscilla_Bee profile image56
    Priscilla_Beeposted 7 years ago

yeah...i would honestly love to hear more about this....but....I dont know anything about examiner.com for now, sorry!  Someone let us know!

4. Treasuresofheaven profile image71
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

I write for Examiner.com as the Detroit Careers Examiner.  I have been writing for seven months now - published around 110 articles.  Examiner expresses that they give you an incentive, I repeat, an incentive.  You earn $1 per article as a Local Writer and money for the Traffic that you draw.  I write on one topic.  Some Examiners write for more than one topic and earn more.  They pay monthly.  You can not exceed 5 articles a week unless Examiner authorizes it (maybe a sweepstakes is going on). 
    Understand, the purposes of hubpages and examiner are different.  Hubpages monetizes and Examiner does not.  Examiner allows you an opportunity to show your work for free.
    Lastly, I just started Hubpages, and see a real opportunity in this, and expect my earnings to be 100 times examiner's on a monthly basis.  I always have more page views than my category and the city I write for.  Hope this helps!  Examiner lays out very clearly their incentive plan.  It is not uncommon to make a few cent to a dollar a day on Examiner.com on one article for traffic.

5. cottontail profile image61
    cottontailposted 7 years ago

Thank you treasuresofheaven! Your answer was very helpful and thorough! smile

6. Laura in Denver profile image79
    Laura in Denverposted 6 years ago

They pay very little IMHO and started up with very strict local topic specific stuff. You must post a certain number of articles per month or they penalize your pay. Yet they have many other constraints in a very long FAQ.

I was "Denver Workplace Issues Examiner" and just did not want to stay on this single topic. I like a lot of local topics.

What I like READING there is stuff of local interest, but this also reflects national interests.

Recently, they expanded and will include items of national interest related to your topic.

As for me, let's face it, the workplace is a depressing subject when all people seem to be doing is surviving layoffs.

7. Abitibibob profile image83
    Abitibibobposted 6 years ago

I wrote for Examiner for a couple of years. Recently they changed their payment policy, requiring a person to write at least one article a month or forfeit any earnings up to that point. I didn't know about that and lost $35 for the year. I've left Examiner and will stick with Hubpages.

8. JenJen0703 profile image82
    JenJen0703posted 5 years ago

I started writing for the Examiner and became a full-fledged Examiner on October 15, 2012. I have already earned more money in the last couple weeks than what I earned in 10 months at HubPages. I love writing for the Examiner and have already taken #1 spots on the Leaderboard.

Let's not forget the $50 referral bonus for every person you refer that is accepted at the Examiner. Oh yeah, they do not accept all writers. You must have near perfect English Grammar and understand APA style guidelines for writing. Personally, I think it's easier to write for them because they don't have a complicated text editor.

Check it out for yourself. Use the following referral link.