I have for the past few days been flirting with the idea of starting a project for publication which involves as many hubbers as possible, and I came to the conclusion that a compilation of poetry is the only way I could open this up to involve as many people as possible. I realise that some people on here probably wont want to write about sex, but it is probably still the most universal and marketable topic.
If enough people can write me some good quality poems or limericks about sex, which follow my guidelines, I will guarentee a publication. You will get:-
- Full credit for the poem(s) that reach publication
- The opportunity to stick something on your writing 'cv' with a genuine ISBN number and available on Amazon.
- Creative freedom to do whatever you want with your 9" x 7" page. Each poem = one/two page, you can if you wish include artwork or pictures that you are allowed to use.
- You will retain copyright for your specific poem, whilst the publisher will retain rights to the book as an entire unedited entity. Therefore if somebody else wants to publish your poem, they will have to seek your contact details (which will be your hubpages page i guess). You will only be giving permissions for publication within that book and can still publish it elsewhere.
- The back pages of the book will list the hubpages URLs or website URL's of any author if they so wish, with the possibility of this gaining traffic to your pages.
- You must submit your poem only on this thread (or via a link to a hub if you prefer), at a short enough length to cover just 1 or 2 pages each sized 9" x 7" in a size 12 font.
- It must be about sex and must have humour of some sort, whether blatant or simply underlying.
- If you want to submit your own artwork you can, but the internal pages of the book will be black and white only - so no colour. Please simply state with your posted poem whether or not you want to be contacted to provide artwork before publication.
- Poems without artwork are fine, this is your page(s) and you do as you wish with them. You will be credited for and retain the copyright for, any artwork.
- You MUST be willing to supply your real name OR a pen name, which looks authentic. For example, PamdaMan would have to become something like Joe Panaman. The book loses credibility if a poem is written by 'Frogsdroppings' etc.
- Limericks are acceptable, but preferably with two verses, or two seperate limericks per page.
Poems that you have already published are fine, as long as you hold the FULL rights to that poem, and can legally give me permission to publish.
NOTE TO READERS OF THIS THREAD:- The poems submitted on this page are copyrighted to the owners.
What does ryankett get out of it? - probably nothing, maybe a little bit of money (although very likely not for poetry compilations). I will not go down as the author of the book but will instead be credited with 'Compiled by Ryan D. Kett (my real name)' I will deal with editing the layout, selecting the poems, doing the cover art, most of the promotion.
I will also start a hub keeping people updated on the process.
INITIAL DEADLINES FOR SUBMISSIONS:- 1st September 2009
SUBSEQUENT DEADLINE FOR ARTWORK FOR RELEVANT SELECTED POEMS - 21st September 2009
This is either going to completely flop and I will hide in embarressement or it will be a good opportunity for those that have never had anything officially published to get their name in formal print.
Fire..... I need enough to cover a minimum of 80 pages. Multiple submissions are fine, you will boost your chances of inclusion.
What do you all think? Good idea? Bad idea?
I have just recieved poem number 1 to my inbox....
Sorry ! something wrong in my computer! I was asking if it Can it be a hub, or it has to be rewritten in Words ?
you asked for a poem. I wrote one. And sent you an e-mail as I'm not sure you can display your own hub in the forum. Thanks
Why everybody here thinks I'm a man? I'm a woman ! My avatar is the Winged Medusa By Moreau
by jeffgilmore 7 years ago
Hi guys,Anyone knows how to do that? What I only know is that there is a link for hot and latest feeds but not fr individual hubs.Any ideas?
by John Redd 6 years ago
Could this button return to Publish after few days or months? Please answer experts in Hubpages. Thanks.
by Mary Hyatt 6 years ago
Just wondering...I write poetry because I enjoy it, but I wonder if it's possible to make any money with them. The advice I get is to write "evergree" stuff that will attract readers for a long time. I don't think my poetry is evergreen!
by Bartolomei 23 months ago
Is it possible to publish an article on CalorieBee and how?
by Lee Hansen 3 years ago
Is there a way to add an updater to the hub tool that notifies us on the dashboard that a hub that needed revision and has been submitted for publication is actually in the active work queue OR is still not acceptable? All the doc on this topic says the process of review may take UP to 72...
by Lee Hansen 3 years ago
Once again I've heavily edited a hub and dutifully submitted it for publication and it sits in the unpublished black hole of noncommunication. It's been there since 11/2. That's longer than 72 hours. Will I get any communication as to its status or other issues that need correction? I find this...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|