jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it okay to post someone else's work, credit them, add nothing or little, and

1. JayDeck profile image71
    JayDeckposted 7 years ago

Is it okay to post someone else's work, credit them, add nothing or little, and publish it as a Hub?

I was hopping and saw a multitude of hubs that were simply postings of another poet's already published work (one was Shakespeare) with little or no additional content or context. Some of these were published by very prolific hubbers with good reputations. I thought the idea was that you could (generally) use another's work if you were critiquing it or otherwise substantially adding or altering it to make it unique. Am I wrong about this?

2. Never_Forget profile image54
    Never_Forgetposted 7 years ago

I don't think there is an official rule saying no duplicate content, but I know that it is discouraged, and your HubScore will reflect it.

3. multifunctions profile image61
    multifunctionsposted 7 years ago

its our duty to take a permission from the original . i think if its positive then they will be happy to permit.

4. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 7 years ago

If you post someone's work and credit them then only add marginal value to make a hub only means that the hubber has plenty of hubs but not quality work to keep readers coming back.  I wouldn't worry about them if I were you.

Closed to reply

working