jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

uhhhh HELP !

1. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 8 years ago

one of my text box is like frozen, I can't delete it, edit it, anything. And half the page (the upper half) is white. I can't publish the hub or anything because the areas that are white are frozen.

what is going on !?

2. lrohner profile image82
    lrohnerposted 8 years ago

Have had the same problem and have spoken with the HP team about it. Are you using Firefox? Do you have a lot of windows open? That's usually when it happens.

I've lost a LOT of text because of it, so I've become quite anal about saving my text to Word so I have a backup.

Refresh your page, or quit Firefox and start again, but be assured, you will lose your text either way.

1. maidouxixi profile image58
      maidouxixiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

According to your suggestion,you mean that using Fixfox will lead  to this situation?Now i use the Firefox ,and usuallyopen a lot of windows. Next i will pay attention to it ,maybe i  want to consider whether change Firefox.You know sometimes Firefox has many convenient functions.However i don't want to lose my text.You are so clever ,May i be your friend?smile smile smile smile  smile

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 8 years ago

if you do lose your text btw--there is an automatic save in the lower left hand corner (i believe) of the text box. It may not have all of your text saved, but it may have at least part.

4. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

I'd suggest doing your writing in notepad, or another text editor.

I use Notetab Pro - free and paid versions available from www.notetab.com

When your hub is finished, paste in the text to hubpages as required.

that way, a copy will always be on your computer too.
    cheers, Eric G.

5. Cls1321 profile image61

sorry just checked back. Was using firefox. I just clicked off my hub and came back and it was fine. Things were acting up badly before doing so however.

6. Cls1321 profile image61

thanks eric, I was actually in the process of pasting it from microsoft word when this happened.

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you use word, then try saving the file into plain text format before cutting and pasting.

Word has a lot of hidden control characters which often cause problems when pasting into other applications.

This could be the cause of the problems you are having.
      And as lrohner said, having lots of windows open doesn't help either.

Cheers, Eric G.

1. earnestshub profile image88
        earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Eric, I use wordpad32 which is also free, then I paste and keep the original.

7. Cls1321 profile image61

Thanks for the helpful replys !

working