jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Pasting Copy Into Text Capsule

1. profile image40
    Audio_Booksposted 9 years ago

I'm just setting up a hub. I've written the article in notepad and went to past it into the text capsule but it won't let me do it. Any ideas why?

Thanks.

1. Inspirepub profile image81
      Inspirepubposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am using Mozilla Firefox and I had to adjust my security settings before I could do this. HubPages pops up a separate window when you paste, and you paste into the window.

If you have pop-ups blocked, it won't work.

Jenny

1. profile image40
        Audio_Booksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for quick reply. The text window popped up ok and I can type into the sub head field. But when I try to paste into the main body field it won't go.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Try refreshing the page. popup blockers won't hurt.

3. profile image40
    Audio_Booksposted 9 years ago

Got it to work. I had to log out and when I signed in again it worked. Thanks for your help.

- Jae

4. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 9 years ago

If you do a RIGHT CLICK + PASTE then it'll go straight into that first window and you won't have to do it in the pop up.

There was an issue before that the pop up paste wasn't giving line breaks. Not sure if that's still the case.

5. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

I haven't had that problem, except once or twice when it chose to label the text "preformatted" instead of "paragraph", but I fixed that manually and the line breaks reappeared.

working