This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Revenue Potential

  1. Cls1321 profile image59
    Cls1321posted 8 years ago

    how do you read the "revenue potential" ?

    for instance if it says $$$ what is that inferring ?

  2. girly_girl09 profile image74
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

    $$$ is pretty good. smile I believe the highest I've seen is $$$$$.

    I'm not sure what earnings range each $ stands for, however you can look up your keyword phrases at google.com/keywords to get a better idea of what they pay.

    But, make sure to only take into consideration 25% of Google's CPC (cost per click). For example, an advertiser might pay a dollar per click, but you'll probably only get around 25 percent of that, google will get the other .75 cents.

  3. Cls1321 profile image59
    Cls1321posted 8 years ago

    thanks, hmm I always thought you got around 50% sad

  4. arthriticknee profile image75
    arthritickneeposted 8 years ago

    And don't forget that hub pages get 40% of your page impressions.
    This makes CPC some way from what you get.

    The formula would be something like:

    CPC x 0.25 x 0.6

    So, in the long run, if your site had a google ad that had a cost per click of $100, you would average $15 per click.

    Note: Although hubpages publish their cut, google don't. It is an estimate from industry experts.
    So taking into account the fact a click on your site has a 40% chance of being credited to hubpages account your average return per click is roughly 15% of what the advertizer pays.

    1. girly_girl09 profile image74
      girly_girl09posted 8 years agoin reply to this

      Yes, but HP doesn't take 40% of each click. Just the impressions. smile Every click you get will still be about 25% of Google's CPC, you just will only have the CHANCE for getting clicks 60% of the time. Likewise, HP will only have a chance of earning for 40% of the impressions.

      That formula could be incredibly varied. I think it might work better for determining your potential earnings over time for a hub, but not per each individual click. smile

  5. cherrymeekins profile image52
    cherrymeekinsposted 8 years ago

    this is helpful info thank u. Im new too and Im trying to figure out to make money on hubpages.. Im jotting down little notes to make sure I do the small things right.

  6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

    Glad to see you are giving such good advice on Hubpages and earning girly_girl.  It sounds like a lot of people here can learn a thing or two from reading your posts and hubs.

  7. Gennifer profile image60
    Genniferposted 8 years ago

    Oh! Thanks a lot! Now I understand the principle of earning per click.

  8. Aqua profile image81
    Aquaposted 8 years ago

    I was just wondering about this myself - thanks for the info!

  9. arthriticknee profile image75
    arthritickneeposted 8 years ago

    Girly_girl09 I agree totally.

    That is why I said "in the long run". The formula stands true for large numbers (hundreds if not thousands of clicks) and is representing your share of the total revenue generated by your work.

    As you rightly pointed out hubpages takes 100% of the revenue when their adsense code is displayed. Due to the "luck of the draw" your actual revenue share will only approach the 60:40 splint after a large number of impressions.

    We should remember that our hubpages statistics records all page views, not just the ones with our affiliate code. Our 'Effective Page Views' would of course be 40% less.

 
working