jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How long was it before you reached what you considered a substantial amount of p

1. Matthew Rogerson profile image56
    Matthew Rogersonposted 7 years ago

How long was it before you reached what you considered a substantial amount of page views/followers?

2. julia1978 profile image57
    julia1978posted 7 years ago

I am very new to this whole thing so i have not gotten any followers just yet. I do hope to get the followers real soon.

3. Wombara profile image57
    Wombaraposted 7 years ago

I've been on a week, published 20 hubs and am close to 200 views. Feels low, but I will stick at it and see if I can make a difference.

4. humagaia profile image55
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

Still waiting to hit the 'substantial amount' for both, but then I guess that one persons 'substantial' is another persons 'miniscule'. At the end of the day neither matters - you should all concentrate on what really is the name of the game - making substantial income.

5. Matthew Rogerson profile image56
    Matthew Rogersonposted 7 years ago

you make a good point humagaia, if you don't mind me asking, have you generated much income in the time you have been on this?

6. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

My first month i didnt get many but i have been on here seven months now and currently have 142,000 page views and 54 followers. However i have seen many hubbers that have had over a million views and thousands of followers.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

If you start taking an interest in others, then they'll start taking an interest in you.   As you give so you receive in Hubpages, it seems.   Also, be a regular user and built up your number of Hubs.   After a while they sort of become 'self sustaining' as people check in to take a look from all over the place.  I've got 150 up.

That's one part of it.   Another is having good, interesting Hubs on subjects that you really do know something about.  That's a prerequisite for most writers, anyway.

Quality of writing is also important.   Take a look at the writers who are getting not so much a 100 marking (they seem to get that high when they're a commercial success as well) but certainly check out those who regularly come in at, say, over 80.   

Good luck.

8. brandonord profile image60
    brandonordposted 7 years ago

it is all about content ands tags I believe, I have some hubs with 25 page views and then I wrote a hub about making money through adsense and got a lot.

smile

KEEP POSITIVE

working