jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What advice or tips would you give to someone just starting out on Hubpages?

1. Bel Marshall profile image60
    Bel Marshallposted 7 years ago

What advice or tips would you give to someone just starting out on Hubpages?

2. MimiKat33 profile image75
    MimiKat33posted 7 years ago

Write entertaining and thorough Hubs about subjects you are passionate about. Educate yourself on the AdSense and Amazon programs if interested.

3. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Grow a thick skin, write a lot, write from the heart, do your research, find your voice, be gracious with those who follow you and have as much fun with your detractors as you dare.

4. minso profile image74
    minsoposted 7 years ago

My advice for a starter would be - keep writing, everything else is secondary.

5. the clean life profile image81
    the clean lifeposted 7 years ago

My advice would be, think of great topics that you think people would be interested in. Write original and unique content. Be patient with your success and don't get upset about your scores, just keep putting out great Hubs and people will begin to follow you.

6. tlpoague profile image87
    tlpoagueposted 7 years ago

For me it was taking the time to read informative hubs on writing the best hubs, help setting up adsense, helpful tips when running into problems on hubpages, just to name a few. In my profile, I highlighted hubs that were helpful for me when starting out. If ever in doubt, just ask, there is always someone who helps out.

7. meteoboy profile image64
    meteoboyposted 7 years ago

Firstly you have to read the Help from Hubpages. After you can read some articles from other Hubbers about their experience to earn money from Hubpages. Think about your articles. They must be timeless and interesting for many people.Focus on tags .Spend time for comments  and answer  questions.Good luck.

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

write good and usefull hubs write about what you know and research what you dont stay active with in the hub pages community spend time on your profile and use facebook and twitter to help promote traffic get familar with the site and how it works

9. rotl profile image60
    rotlposted 7 years ago

Spend time on the forums... there are a lot of great people here who can teach you a lot and avoid the pitfalls a newbie faces.

10. katescottuk profile image56
    katescottukposted 7 years ago

Write with a passion and don't spam!

The scourge of Hubpages are the numerous fake spam accounts that pop up on an hourly basis.

Please write from the heart and if you must promote your blog... Then don't ram it down your readers throats.

I promote my blog and like most good hubbers its hardly noticable.

11. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 7 years ago

Turn on Analytics NOW.  You may not understand it and it will not be of any value to you for many months, but you will be glad then that you turned it on early.

Second, read the Learning Center articles.  All of them.  Pay no attention to anyone's advice until you have digested all of that.

12. True Blue Tips profile image67
    True Blue Tipsposted 7 years ago

Write about what you love or write about topics that are of interest to you.  I also like to write about things I want to learn more about.  Read other people's hubs to get some ideas and to see what is other people like.  Spend some time in the community answering questions and getting to know Hubpages.

13. bogerk profile image69
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

Be patient. Don't stop writing after only 7 Hubs.

14. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

don't worry about your score. write about things that you believe in and forget that you will be judged according to how others view your ideas.

15. vox vocis profile image83
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

Don't write now and then like me... :-) I keep on reminding myself to start writing more often; hopefully, I'll take my own advice any time soon. Reading the help section and all there is in the learning center, doing research on terms you are not yet familiar with is one or two things, but writing, writing, writing good quality content is everything.