jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Which is better to write for HubPages a short or long article?

1. bbracken profile image56
    bbrackenposted 7 years ago

Which is better to write for HubPages a short or long article?

2. profile image0
    Yarightposted 7 years ago

I think that is all up to you. If you have enough information to write a long article go for it. I like reading articles whether they are short or long as long as they have sufficient information in them.

Just think of it this way as long as it's factually correct who's going to complain about the length of the article? I sure wouldn't. In my opinion the longer the better.

3. bbracken profile image56
    bbrackenposted 7 years ago

Thank you great information Yaright. I usually like to write about 300 - 500 in an article and try to keep it informative.

4. Smaridge01 profile image77
    Smaridge01posted 7 years ago

In general, I think it is better to write whatever length is needed to convey your point accurately with adequate explanation. Beyond that, it's a matter of your purpose in writing.

If you are writing for enjoyment and experience and to share your knowledge, then any length is fine.  If you are writing for SEO and making money online, then it seems like most people say it should be 700 to 1100 words, or around there.

But quality is King, according to some, and that would dictate that you let the subject matter, not the intent, dictate hub length.

Hope that helps.  big_smile

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I think as long as the article is interesting and will hold the readers' attention, you can write as long as you want.

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

6. sampatrik profile image61
    sampatrikposted 7 years ago

Not vary short nor very long, article must be attractive and informative

working