This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Any benefit to putting polls in Hubs?

1. bogerk profile image67
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

Any benefit to putting polls in Hubs?

I have put a poll in most of my 40 Hubs and haven't had one vote yet ... So, unless they are doing something I don't know about it, I think I will start reserving the space for something else.

2. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 7 years ago

Interesting.  My understanding of using Polls in Hubs was to add a dimension by which readers could interact with the hubs they read.

People feel more involved and are more likely to give feedback and leave a rating if they were able to participate.

I've only used Polls a few times, but will need to go back and see how many people used them.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

I don't fully understand their value yet either. Yes, it allows people to interact which may be a good thing but I'd rather have them press the feedback buttons or leave a comment. That's a much richer way of interacting with the Hub author and the community.

I think people only click the poll when they feel like it - which is not very often. Perhaps if the poll has very funny anwers it'll work better.

Closed to reply

working