Would it make sense to have a new hub when first published scored at the hubbers

1. KKalmes profile image61
    KKalmesposted 7 years ago

Would it make sense to have a new hub when first published scored at the hubbers average hub score?

This way it doesn't drag down hub score average for first week or two of publication and then rises and falls at its own merit?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Don't worry about your hub score.
    It's like the stock market: It will go up or down for no apparent reason. The goal of any writer is to focus on posting their best work. Once you hit save/post it belongs to the universe to judge, accept, or reject. It's then time for you to move on to writing your next one. Don't get caught up in the up and down thing because it'll drive you crazy! "Never let success go to your head and never let failure go to your heart."

Note: Most new hubs are automatically rated in the 40s or 50s and they climb up as they are viewed, commented on, voted up as useful, beautiful, awesome...etc. One day you'll have a hub with a 80 score and the very next day that same hub will have 74 while still having the more views and comments than the "new hub" which is now ranked as your best.
    (Just be true to yourself and let the chips fall where they may)

3. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 7 years ago

It took me a couple of minutes to untangle the question in my tiny flu infested brain (My fault, not yours).  But now I know hat you mean.  Without being unkind: wouldn't this bolster up some hubs which are so tedious, it might give the hubbers responsible the delusion that their hubs are even vaguely worthwhile?

Closed to reply

working