jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do I increase my author score?

1. SingleCityGirl profile image56
    SingleCityGirlposted 7 years ago

How do I increase my author score?

I am new to blogging. In fact, I just created a profile a month ago and have yet to start my first "hub".  My concern is what the score of 50 means next to my profile and how can I turn it into 100?  Any suggestions would be great.  Thank you!!!

2. Fotographer profile image57
    Fotographerposted 7 years ago

Buy publishing quality original articles, answering questions, commenting on others' hubs.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

First of all, this is not blogging. If you want to blog you should go to a blogging website. HubPages is primarily intended for articles. But to answer your question, you should write high quality content and participate in the community. Also have a look at this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Increase … n-Hubpages

4. vox vocis profile image84
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

I see that you have 4 followers without a single hub and that is why you have the score around 50 (otherwise it would be lower). I guess this means your followers are waiting to read your hubs so start writing. Great content, quality hubs, page rank on Google, backlinks, traffic, your hubtivitiy (asking and answering questions, participating in forums, commenting etc.) - it all affects one's hubscore. People who reached a 100 in their hubscore usually have more than a hundred hubs and a lot of traffic driven to these hubs. I have to add, it doesn't really matter that you reach the maximum hubscore. There are many, many great hubbers here on hubpages whose score is between 90 and 100, but their hubs are better than of those with a higher score (it is relative). And the last, but not less important, you just need to keep your hubscore above 75 because it means there are enough page hits to make your articles interesting to read. Remember that hubscore is usually not static and the rise and fall in numbers depends on publishing new hubs and hubber's hubtivity.

working