jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does building links to your hubs actually help with traffic?

1. merobinson2 profile image72
    merobinson2posted 7 years ago

Does building links to your hubs actually help with traffic?

If so, how much should I expect and...If so, how much should I expect and how many links should I build?

2. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Yes, but it all depends on the quality of the links. If you run a well-visited blog and you post a link to one of your hubs there, you can expect more traffic than when you post it on a dead forum. Make sure you post links in places where you are an active participant so you don't come across as a spammer. You can also share them on Facebook and Twitter.

3. Hard Drive Dude profile image57
    Hard Drive Dudeposted 7 years ago

Building links to your hub will definetly help with increasing traffic form the search engines. Keep in mind that you have to put your links in your anchor text (text where the link is in) in order to rank for your keyword.

Also, Google doesn't count links that are tagged with "nofollow' you can use a firefox plugin NoDoFollow to check whether links are dofollow or nofollow.

Depending on how comptetive the keyword you are trying to rnak for is, the more links you'll have to build to rise in the search engines (and grab the visitor's attention).

Generally, the longer the keyword phrase you are trying to rank for is, the easier it is to rank for that keyword. However, the longer the keyword phrase is, the less traffic you will generally get.

If you want some good estimates, search "google keytool" in Google and you'll find their free to tool to determine how many searches a keyword gets every day.

Hope that helped, have a good day!

4. Matt Jackson profile image59
    Matt Jacksonposted 6 years ago

Research your keywords, write quality content, and then build some authoritative links using those keywords. Those are the basics of SEO for any site, and you can (to an extent) treat your hub as your own site.

So, the short answer, is yes...