jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Is it ill advisable to put a word in quotations in a hub title?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Is it ill advisable to put a word in quotations in a hub title?

2. Shelvajay profile image57
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

I never thought about that.  Would it make it harder to search for it, or more difficult to come up, the quotes in the hub title, if someone were looking for a particular topic?  I don't know.  Do you suggest I take it out?

3. W. K. Hayes profile image91
    W. K. Hayesposted 7 years ago

You should be able to...the title usually acts as the website address for the article but, I have notcied that it will use dashes for comas and I'm sure, quotations.

If you mean, "Tell me", for example, as being the title...that's really up to you and is a great way to make words stand out. That way, when the reader reaches that part of the story, it will influence the strength of the impact that part of the story will have on your readers.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

shelvajay, I'm taking the quotations out of my titles, they do fubar up the feed sometimes, and make that look ugly; but I've about decided on my own that it's a bad idea to put them in the title in the first place.

5. Hard Drive Dude profile image56
    Hard Drive Dudeposted 7 years ago

I've noticed that adding quotations to the title does indeed break the feed. If you rely on your visitors, well, visiting your feed, then you'll want to skip it. It's not necessary for the search engines but it does make the title "pop out" more.

Have a great day!

6. iamalegend profile image74
    iamalegendposted 7 years ago

In my opinion using quotations in hub title not do anything special.The searches in the search engines with quotation is less than that of without quotation.people is using quotation is to specify a search.If you think that the people will search for this term using quotation, then you can use quotation in your hub title.

7. Debby Bruck profile image74
    Debby Bruckposted 7 years ago

I spent an hour searching out an answer to this question with no luck at all. It appears that quotations should cause no problem with search engine, whereas, some people received ERROR 404 when putting them into some Wordpress Blogs.

The quotes may be appropriate when highlighting the title of a book, movie, etc or someone's exact words.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

Using quote marks in a title is not a good idea at all.  Don't do it.

Spiders won't like it either.

9. badegg profile image77
    badeggposted 7 years ago

Adding quotes to your title may enable you to use a title that is already taken that has no quotes.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hadn't thought of that!

Closed to reply

working