Am I doing it wrong? The Hubnugget with hardly any traffic.

1. Fertile Forest profile image81
    Fertile Forestposted 7 years ago

Am I doing it wrong? The Hubnugget with hardly any traffic.

Recently (last week) I one of my articles, ( was made a Hubnugget and sent out to 60,000 readers. Since then I've had a total of 34 hits which is about the same for some articles of mine which are not Hubnugetted. Seems like there should be more than that, or am I missing something?

2. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

A Hubnugget simply means that it has been chosen by the community so of course that'll increase the traffic significantly. But after that there are no guarantees. It does not mean you have done your keyword research well, that you have written the content with a sufficient number of keywords or that there are enough backlinks to keep you on page 1 of search engines.

You may get more traffic in the future but you also might not - I'd have to study your hub and the competition elsewhere on the internet for that subject to know more.

3. kimbles profile image45
    kimblesposted 7 years ago

I must admit, I would be so disappointed with just 34 extra hits from a possible 60,000. But let us look at a possible answer to why the figure is so low...

The traffic isn't targetted, if your link had been sent to 60,000 people planning to take a holiday in Greece you would expect a much higher click through rate, if the 60,000 were planning on hiring a car while there I bet you would have managed a 90% click through rate.

I don't plan on visiting Greece yet alone drive over there so not in a month of Sundays would I click the link. It is so niche specific that unless you plan on driving in Greece it doesn't have any kind of appeal. Now taking a complete link at random I see a topic How I Organised My Home.

If this link had been sent to me it would have had a certain amount of appeal that the nosey side of me would have thought I want to know more. Although I don't plan on changing my room around the title has a certain appeal that might attract a few more than 34.

Hope this helps, just trying to be constructive.