jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you come across a hub contrary to your view, should you post a toned down com

1. saket71 profile image60
    saket71posted 7 years ago

If you come across a hub contrary to your view, should you post a toned down comment and follow...

it with a hub with your view, or should you put in a comment and make it into a new hub there itself,  or if the point is worthy of good debate, put it under forum or questions?

2. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

You should do whatever is right for you to do and just be real from within and let it flow out of you with wisdom.

3. profile image57
    rieomposted 7 years ago

I found one that I felt was not correct in the content they put forward.  I plan on writing a hub myself on the truth and let that say it for me.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Write your own hub, hub production is always a good thing for you.  Leave respectful comments on other's hubs, so as to foster a productive conversation.  When you write your own hub?  Say things how you feel them there.  Be honest, but try not to be angry on someone else's work.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Skip the forum, for the most part it is just usless banter.

Why would you post a comment that is "toned down" If you disagree say so. Most people appreciate total honesty and those that don't aren't worth getting involved with. You can still choose to follow the writer to see if they write something different you happen to like and agree with.

6. content profile image70
    contentposted 7 years ago

Absolutely share your views.  When we can look at all sides of an issue is when we can grow.  I've certainly changed my views over time by looking at the other side without judging and making things wrong or right.

7. libby101a profile image61
    libby101aposted 7 years ago

Usually I just leave it alone... there have been times that I do say my thoughts and leave! I try to be respectful about it though.

8. Les Trois Chenes profile image90
    Les Trois Chenesposted 7 years ago

I would welcome pleasant, constructive debate. I would also welcome factual corections, but would probably prefer a private message rather than public humiliation! I would love people to add to the content so that the hub can be more complete.

Given that these are my own feelings, I would probably make comments in this spirit. Having said that, I've never spotted any factual mistakes in the hubs that I've read.

9. saket71 profile image60
    saket71posted 7 years ago

Thanks, all of you gents and ladies for the kind response. While I love your responses, I feel closest to the ones given by Wesman Todd Shaw and the one by Les Trois Chenes, since I had placed this question on a rebound from particularly nasty comments by some readers, one of which had posted such comment on other hubs and both are not writing there own hubs with their own views. I do agree to factual corrections as suggested by Les, but not to cross the swords on opinions just because yours are different from mine. If your views are so different from mine, just point it out on my hub comment and then write a hub on your own view, without getting angered at my point, and making it personal.