Do you use Google´s Competitive Ad Filter to block specific ads from appearing o

1. vox vocis profile image83
    vox vocisposted 7 years ago

Do you use Google´s Competitive Ad Filter to block specific ads from appearing on your pages?

What is your experience with the Competitive Ad Filter (if you use it)?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

No I do not use competitive ad filter. If you filter out the ads you receive, then you only receive lower quality clicks. Google provides the best paying advertisers for your hubs. If you feel those ads are not good enough for the content on your page, then by all means use the filter. Some people use them and some people do not use them. It is a personal preference, because of specific keywords bring about different results.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I tuned my ads using the competitive filter as there are some topics or companies I don't want advertised on my pages.  I didn't find I had a loss of earnings from this.

However, remember that during the 40% of the time when the HubPages' AdSense ID is affiliated with your Hubs, your ad preferences aren't going to be in effect, so during those times, you might see ads for things you have otherwise blocked.

working