jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

google adsense says i don't own my domain? Isn't hubpages free? How can I own my

1. profile image46
    E Marieposted 7 years ago

google adsense says i don't own my domain? Isn't hubpages free? How can I own my domain?

2. wilderness profile image98
    wildernessposted 7 years ago

HubPages is free to use, but it is owned by someone - all sites are.

You may own your own domain by building your own website.

I'm not sure why adsense cares, though, unless you are mistakenly trying to sign up to buy ads instead of getting paid for them.  Few hubbers own their own websites.  Are you sure you followed the signup directions correctly?

3. AKdude profile image61
    AKdudeposted 7 years ago

Actually, I spend much time on Hubpages because I do actually make some money from Google Adsense! It's not much yet but it is more than I've made elsewhere.

I started here by throwing up a few articles for backlinks to other things. A few weeks later i started noticing daily clicks and even revenue in my Adsense account. I had only thrown up 5 hubs and pulled in almost $10 in 6 weeks! This might not sound like much but this is passive income! Once you do the work this money will keep trickling in indefinitely. More hubs will increase that trickle. Now I'm getting serious about Hubpages!

I've always had my own domains so don't know if that requirement for Adsense. If it is, It doesn't take much to get a domain, grab a cheap (or free) host, and throw up a quick wordpress blog (no coding required). Then you are legit. You can then use this same domain to also apply for eBay's affiliate program and others.

BTW: I don't work for Hubpages either. If I did I would be making a lot more ;-)

4. bogerk profile image67
    bogerkposted 7 years ago

I believe you need to use your profile URL when applying. They should let you reapply and will ask that you paste some sort of phrase onto the page as proof that you control it. Just paste the phrase into your profile page and reapply and you should be fine. That's what I had to do.

Closed to reply